Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Video: Mako Shark News-Reel video

Gerry,

Wow - thanks for sharing. That commercial is cool on so many levels. I had no idea there was that much innovation already at hand back in '65. I wonder why some of the features were not implemented into the then up-and-coming C3.

Ralph

Man, that is nice. I like the headlight design.

Thanks

The hood opens up like a C4. You can access everything. I like the open and shutting rear window. Looks like a bulletproof enclosure on the batmobile or a 007 car. The headlights and rear window would have some legal problems if they were ever mass-produced I would think.

Not to toot my own horn (pun?), but the 73 vette most closely resembles the shape of the Mako Shark... with the blunt rear and the tapered nose.

We had the Mako Shark II (and the Mako Shark I and the '59 Bill Mitchell Sting Ray racer) on display at the 2006 NCRS National Convention in San Antonio. :)

We had the Mako Shark II (and the Mako Shark I and the '59 Bill Mitchell Sting Ray racer) on display at the 2006 NCRS National Convention in San Antonio. :)

Wow.

C-3 Best design ever!

GerryLP, yes, thanks for sharing.
JohnZ, how lucky can you get to see it in person!
To think that car went on a world tour in 1965 must have blown away every other car maker. Imagine a space age 650 HP Shark next to a VW Bug or a Fiat 500!
I'm incredibly proud of my Shark as I'm sure every other owner is.
Long live the C-3.
PG.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom