Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! memory seats

krh

Corvette
2005 victory red vert
cannot get my seats to remember there settings what am i doing wrONG?

I don't think anyone can answer what you are "doing wrong" before you tell us what you are doing.

what I am doing is adjust seat where I want it and hold memory button down untill flashes. according to owners manuel that should do but it does not .

I took my 04 pick-up into my dealer with the same problem, there was something they reset and that took care if it for now.

vette is 2000 coupe. krh

I have a 99 coupe with all the bells and whistles. After I bought it the memory option would modualte seats/mirrors/steering wheel to the previous owners positions. I figured hey, this is just wearing everything out that associated with those items. After you shut the car off, the seat/steering wheel get out of your way, like I said, needless wear and tear, so I deleted it all........................

I have a 99 coupe with all the bells and whistles. After I bought it the memory option would modualte seats/mirrors/steering wheel to the previous owners positions. I figured hey, this is just wearing everything out that associated with those items. After you shut the car off, the seat/steering wheel get out of your way, like I said, needless wear and tear, so I deleted it all........................

That's a very good point that I never thought of. Considering Vettes were never known for their durability, I might do the same.

I/ve used the all memory bells and whistles in my Z since 2002 and have had no problems. You may have to have dealer check it out.

I use my daily also and since I've totally disassembled both seats, I saw that the only thing that can wear out are the motors. I don't know how much the motors are but they are easy to replace.

cannot get my seats to remember there settings what am i doing wrONG?

I am not sure you are doing anything wrong, but merely maybe not finishing the sequence.

It is important to do your settings while you are stopped or rolling very slow...(vehicle speed has something to do with it I think)... set your seat, outside mirror, radio stations and ventilation settings and then hold your position button...(1,2, or both for 3)... till flashes and then turn off the key and remove it and open driver's door. That sets the program. Then when you get in and push your button...all should respond to your settings. ALSO... beware that your Key Fob may be activating the previous settings.
Do your Fobs have a number on the back? If they do, they correspond to the Memory position settings...(1,2)... and when you unlock the car, it is supposed to set the corresponding position settings you have programmed. I use #1 for me and I have the Fob that has the #1 on the back...and that sets the #1 settings for me...the Wife has #2 Fob and that sets her #2 position settings.

See...that was easy...huh..:);)

Good point about the key fobs being set for the memories. I learned that the hard way!! Not knowing, I used my girlfriend's key one day in my Vette and the damn thang bout killed me! The seat went WAY forward and the stearing wheel came WAY back and the seat went WAY up!!! I was a human pretzel. :eek I managed to get to the door button and pushed my "number" and was saved!!!! :BOW

The shop manual shows a memory module under the drivers seat. Mine is not working right. It inches forward and take upto 14 pushes on the button. I've been back to the dealer twice. I have a 04.

what I am doing is adjust seat where I want it and hold memory button down untill flashes. according to owners manuel that should do but it does not .

Make your adjustements then hold the memory button down until it *stops* flashing.

I just had gmpp pay $400 and still have the problem. No codes. Memory holds once or twice uses, then the button is pressed multiple times to get were it is supposed to go.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom