Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport Mice in the house

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.

Djcrisalli

Corvette
2013 427 vert, V.Yellow
Car in heated garage.Can't keep the mice out...help!Suggestions.?.
I've tried dryer sheets.. Now thinking about a car capusule

Pull the cars out, turn off the ventilation system and set off a few bug bombs for the day.

I had mice in the shop where I store RARE. I tried the mechanical traps caught a couple, put decon cubes around... BUT when my Silky Terrier kept trying to crawl up under the front end of RARE... I opened the hood and saw two of them little critters scurry around I completely went ballistic how dare they... :mad

I ended up spending a few buck and bought two of these:
41QCDYMFuTL._SY355_.jpg

P3 International P7816 Attack Wave Ultrasonic Pestrepeller​

I placed one in front and one behind RARE... it worked so well I bought two more and put them in the garage with ABBY...

Then after a couple of years I added one of these on each wall in the shop and the garage:
51eM47NG4UL._SY355_.jpg

Innovative Technology​

I have not seen a mouse in years and don't hear many crickets either, but I do see a lot of the crickets laying dead on the floor ;) and our Silky Terrier now just makes a curtsey patrol and no more mice :dance

My neighbor added the first repeller in his garage and same results... Some folks laugh, but I have had great results with the Electronic Rodent Repeller :dance

Bud

The mice are getting in the garage from some hole or gap in the structure or doors. (or they are already in residence there)

Plug up all the holes and seal the doors better. I used foam in a spray can to plug up gaps around my barn several years ago and then made sure the weather seals around the doors and windows actually sealed off the barn from the rest of the world - at least enough to keep the mice out.

If they are living outside around the garage, mow the grass short and keep it short - mice hate crossing open territory. Make it easier for cats and hawks to take care of them for you.

If they are inside the garage and living there already, do what's already suggested to kill/capture them. Then make sure they can't come back.

Good luck.

they seem to hate dryer sheets....I spread them all around the doorways when I close up for the winter...they are cheap..buy a couple of boxes and put them everywhere.

They hate moth balls too - but moth balls smell really bad IMO.

Try a 5 gal bucket and fill half way with water and add Dawn dish soap. They will climb up and into bucket and drown !!!!!!!!!!! :cool!:

​A car capsule won't even slow them down. The critters will chew through anything stopping them from getting where they want to go.

I rescued an old clock-radio from the garbage, tuned it to a local FM station (lots of voices all the time) and just leave it turned on. I've never seen a mouse in the garage. I live in a rural setting and have had them in the house, but never in the garage...

I like the water and the radio idea, both are non-toxic if you have other wanted animals around. I used to have a pool in a previous house and we frequently found floating mice in the filter. Water is a great attracter and they clearly don't swim well. Radio makes sense. They don't seem to want to socialize with anything but food and cardboard or anything they can get in their mouths. Good luck.

This has been labeled as 'cruel" by my good friend GM Junkie but it works on everything ya want to kill .Old anti-freeze peanuts and/or peanut butter mixed .DANGER say you kill a squirrel and your pet dog eats the squirrel you'll kill the dog also .

Now in my case It has taken care of mice and squirrels but my dog will not eat 'em she just brings the dead body into the house at night and lays the dead critter on my pillow .. :ugh I consider it a sign from God .If Junkie reads this I want ya to know that the cat population in Litchfield Maine has started to slowly return :D

rat zapper

they seem to hate dryer sheets....I spread them all around the doorways when I close up for the winter...they are cheap..buy a couple of boxes and put them everywhere.

They hate moth balls too - but moth balls smell really bad IMO.

I tried both .... they made a nest of the dryer sheets that I laid on and around the engine, chewed up the moth balls that I put under the car, I got one of these. It works great.

Amazon.com: Rat Zapper Ultra Rodent Trap RZU001: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Attachments

• 71lkB94meKL._SL1500_.jpg
    71lkB94meKL._SL1500_.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 80

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom