Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Michellin PS2s as good at F1 Supercars in cold?

Terry Quinn

Corvette
2002 Z06
I'm planning on (quickly) replacing my stock Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercars on my '02 Z06 with Michellin Pilot Sport 2s. I just noticed the inside edge wearing severely on the fronts, so for my driving, I'll get the camber adjusted to regular (non-Z06) specs.​

My question: Has anyone here driven Michellin PS2s in colder weather. I know that neither tire is intended for that, but I drove the F1s all last winter (when dry) and while I had to be careful with the throttle, they did much better than I feared that they might. So I'm just hoping to get comparable cold weather performance out of the Michellins.​

Please reply quickly if you get this, as I'll need to order tires by Monday.​

Terry Quinn
Illinois​

Don't know if this helps but my brother just put a set of Michellin's on his 99 convertible and said they were a world of difference from the Goodyears. He said it's a different car with the new tires and is very happy with them.

Ron
"Baldie88"

I'm planning on (quickly) replacing my stock Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercars on my '02 Z06 with Michellin Pilot Sport 2s. I just noticed the inside edge wearing severely on the fronts, so for my driving, I'll get the camber adjusted to regular (non-Z06) specs.​

My question: Has anyone here driven Michellin PS2s in colder weather. I know that neither tire is intended for that, but I drove the F1s all last winter (when dry) and while I had to be careful with the throttle, they did much better than I feared that they might. So I'm just hoping to get comparable cold weather performance out of the Michellins.​

Please reply quickly if you get this, as I'll need to order tires by Monday.​

Terry Quinn
Illinois​

The key issue here is how cold is this "colder weather" you're talkign about.

If you're talking about freezing temperatures, my guess is the Pilot Sport 2 is going to be not much better than the F1 Supercars. If you are talking about cool-to-cold but not freezing, then the Pilot Sport 2 might be a bit of an advantage. If you combine that cool-to-cold-but-not-freezing with rain, then the PS2 will be a significant advantage over the F1 Supercar.

My personal preference if for the PS2's. But I don't think it matters much in cold weather under 50. My tires break loose in cold weather with much less warning.

I can stand on my car when it is hot in the summer in third gear. When it is cold it will break loose in quicky third gear. Some of the difference is not tire related but from the engine producing much more power in cold weather.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom