Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mid Years check in...

Sting66ray and Corvettegreg,

I graduated in 76 and lived on the hill for two years. I haven't been back in over 25 yrs but I have a friend who has a house up there that he visits from time to time. I hope to get up to Potsdam this spring or summer, always beautiful there. Perhaps I knew sting66ray dad or uncle, small world. BTW love those sidepipes.

Best regards,
Gerry

Brian and Ron,

Let me know if you ever want to sell your automatic cars as I would love to acquire one, they are great cars.

Best regards,
Gerry

mid year check in

add mine to the list-have 65 coupe with radio,heater, defroster delete sits in garage next to roadrunner and dart swinger for now!

pnewt said:
add mine to the list-have 65 coupe with radio,heater, defroster delete sits in garage next to roadrunner and dart swinger for now!

Paul,

Thanks for checking in.

Wow...you've got a nice stable!!

What color is your midyear?
I'd love to see pics of your Mopar cars too.

Got a 426 Hemi in that Road Runner? Beep! Beep!

Regards, :w
Pedro

Gerry said:
Brian and Ron,

Let me know if you ever want to sell your automatic cars as I would love to acquire one, they are great cars.

Best regards,
Gerry
You got it, but I've had both of mine so long now that I don't anticipate parting with them anytime in the near future. But, we never know.

I owned the 4-speed before the Powerglide (was like most younger guys back then, couldn't run fast enough to give me an automatic), and I searched specifically for the Powerglide for some time before locating it (obstensibly for my wife). As time passed, I really came to enjoy driving it more than the coupe, both due to the top down and the Powerglide (please, no flames, personal preference only). But, I still get the coupe out now & then just to go thru the gears.

Best to you,
rlm :cool

Hi Ron,
That was my argument for the automatic, which is why I bought the 88. However after driving a 65 auto I really appreciated it (TOO COOL). I missed out on that one and have been looking ever since. If you hear of any (65-67) I would really appreciate the heads up. Take care and enjoy.
BTW It's freeeeezzzzing up here!!!

Best regards,
Gerry

Gerry said:
Hi Ron,
If you hear of any (65-67) I would really appreciate the heads up. Take care and enjoy.
BTW It's freeeeezzzzing up here!!!

Best regards,
Gerry
Sure will!! And, I've seen the temps you guys have been having on the national news. Been down in the teens a few nights here, but mostly in the upper 30's & 40's in the day.

rlm :cool :beer

Hi Gerry..

The town of Potsdam hasn't changed much since you left. The Clarkson campus has been consolidated to the Hill Campus area. There aren't any classes held in the buildings downtown. The Hill campus has grown considerably as a result.
I moved up from New York City in 1972 and bought a farm in Hopkinton, 13 miles east of Potsdam on Rt11B. I worked for IBM for 40 yrs and serviced all the IBM mainframes and peripherals that Clarkson has had over the years.
If you come up this summer let me know. Always nice to see another Midyear..and if you drive the beast up here, I have a pretty complete shop if your Vette my needs some TLC..

Regards, Frank

Gerry said:
Brian and Ron,

Best regards,
Gerry

Gerry,

I don't imagine I'll be putting mine up for sale anytime soon. I'm having way too much fun! So far I am enjoying the Powerglide. Several people have mentioned that I should switch it out for a more modern automatic. An NCRS member recommended that I might want to wait until after I have it judged for Bowtie or Survivor status before I make any changes to it. In the meantime I will drive it with the Powerglide and see how much I like it.

Brian

Pedro,

My first post at this site...been a long timer at the Corvetteforum but started to look around. Pedro, I'm formally addressing you here but, it's obvious this applies to all you proud owners of, what I believe to be, a timeless classic Vette. Wow, what a nice group of midyears. I know you guys/gals as owners get a "high" just lookin' at 'em and certainly get a blood rush (that's me for sure) driven 'em. It's funny how these cars are like magnets to 10 year old kids on the street.

Couldn't help it. Had to jump into this frey 'cause this is where I belong!!

Jim,

Welcome aboard. I love those classic wheels on your '65.
:w

6T5RUSH, are those Torque Thrust "D" Wheels, are they originals or new by American Racing? If those are the "original" Torque Thrust Wheels would you remember the size and offset/back spacing, and do you have any wheel/fender/tire clearance problems? I've been trying to get info from American Racing, and have been less than successful. The tire dealers here told me that if they order them they are mine, and the deposit is theirs, no returns, even if no tires are mounted on the rims. American says that they are returnable as long as no tires get mounted on them. But the dealers are here and AR is in Canada? So you know who wins at the moment. Thanks for any info on your wheels and what you had to do to get it all to work. Looks Fantastic!

TripleBlack, sorry for drifting off course here, but just wanted more info about Jim's Corvette!

Bob

Bob,

Here's the contact info on American Racing. Not in Canada. American made the origional Torque Thrust D wheels too.

information or Inquires:
Conventional Mail:
American Racing Custom Wheels
19067 South Reyes Avenue
Rancho Dominguez, CA 90221

This is just outside of Long Beach. Why don't you drop in on them and ask in person? Maybe you will be able to buy direct.

Online:
info@americanracing.com

Also here's the web site:

http://www.americanracing.com/index.asp

bobmanx said:
TripleBlack, sorry for drifting off course here, but just wanted more info about Jim's Corvette!

Bob

It's allright Bob, I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Here's to ya!

:beer

Pedro

pnewt said:

How about some pictures

I have always wanted a 69 dodge 440 mr norms dart winger.Color red with a bench seat and NO OPTIONS

I missed a 340 swinger 3 years back at the atlantic city auction

Was on a hot roll on a table and forgot why I was in atlantic city.(almost 14 hours at one table)

HI All

I Have a 63 Split window steaming home as we speak and a 68 vette. All here in sunny Adelaide. SOUTH AUSTRALIA. Hello from all the vette owners downunder

savette68/63 said:
HI All

I Have a 63 Split window steaming home as we speak and a 68 vette. All here in sunny Adelaide. SOUTH AUSTRALIA. Hello from all the vette owners downunder

Spiro,

hello from South Florida and welcome.

I see you like black vettes...I can understand that.

I love the sharks too.

Thanks for checking in.

Pedro :w

sidepipe said:
The town of Potsdam hasn't changed much since you left. The Clarkson campus has been consolidated to the Hill Campus area. There aren't any classes held in the buildings downtown. The Hill campus has grown considerably as a result.
I moved up from New York City in 1972 and bought a farm in Hopkinton, 13 miles east of Potsdam on Rt11B. I worked for IBM for 40 yrs and serviced all the IBM mainframes and peripherals that Clarkson has had over the years.
If you come up this summer let me know. Always nice to see another Midyear..and if you drive the beast up here, I have a pretty complete shop if your Vette my needs some TLC..

Regards, Frank
Hi Frank,
Thanks for the invite and I will definetely look you up if/when I get up to Potsdam. I think I will bring the 67. Could you recommend a motel in the area that allows dogs? I might bring my pup with me. BTW I have many fond memories (SURE) of the IBM 360 that I used at Clarkson. God, it feels like it was ages ago, wait a minute it was ages ago! Take care and stay warm.

Best regards,
Gerry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom