Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Midyear stereo suggestions

65Tuxedo

I need Midyear stereo suggestions

I would like to hear from any of you who have put an aftermarket stereo in their midyear. What's good, what's not? Help me out guys.

Mine isn't a mid-year but I'm just curious, are you planning on doing an in-dash system or a rear mounted trick system in a box?

Trying to decide what kind of system. Had hoped to hear from folks who had put one of the cassette systems made for a midyear in their dash. My current solution is headphones, which is not the answer. JBL

Try Custom Autosound. They make upgraded stereos that look like the originals for Corvettes and Mustangs etc. I have one in my 63 and it fits the hole perfectly and even uses the original knobs. I need my reading glasses though to see the buttons but it works well and sounds great. They now have a system that is completely hidden and run by remote. You leave your old radio in the dash and hide the new wherever you want.

Radio

Like another CAC member said the best place is Custom Autosound in Anaheim California. I bought one for my 88 and it fit perfectly and I was ablt to use factory harness and plugs. What's neat you can buy the radio and cd changer, speakers and everything in one place. Good luck.

Rocko:cool

Mid Year Stereo

Hi!

I purchased a stereo from Crutchfield for my 1961. You can buy different types, and the one that I purchased has a wired remote. I left the original Wonderbar AM radio in place and built a removable box to house the new radio and one set of speakers. The radio is stored in the trunk, and can be removed by unpluging a couple wires. I plan on doing the same for my wifes 1965 Roadster except that they make a remote receiver that will operate through your original FM stereo .(no trunk)
Just a thought!

Ray

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom