Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Miles

H

hotrodd

I wonder what the most miles ever was put on a corvette in it's lifetime?

A friend of mine drove a 65 convertible as his daily driver for over 20 years. He put over 400,000 miles on it. It is up on jackstands right now getting new bearings, brakes and rearend rebuild.

Verle

I have a 59 which I drive when it isn't raining because it leaks ( hate leaks) I also have over 400,000 miles.

Welcome aboard, Mike. Did you put all or most of the miles on your '59? How long have you owned it? That would be fun to live on the islands and have a '59 Corvette to cruise in daily. Any problems with frame rust in that salt air?

Tom

400,000 miles

Aloha Tom,
Thanks for your reply. My vette is my first car which I have had the good fortune to have held onto all this time. It came to my family in 1964 with my step dad with a 327 short block and rochester 3-2,s on an Eldbroch manifold. So except of the first 30 or 40 thousand miles I or my family have put on all of the miles.I personally have seen the odometer turn over every time to 00000.0 She has taken my family, Mom, Dad, me 13, Tim 8 all the way from Maine to LA on a road trip to remember all my life. Over the years the frame has aquire a very thick coat of road "grease" which has served as the greatest undercoating ever. Rusting chrome and no where on the Big Island to get it replated is the biggest salt air problem. I posted a request for a parts source in So. Cal. If you know anyone who can help me.

Mahalo.
Aloha,
Mike

Mike,
Look at the top of this page and you will see a tab for "Portal". In there are listed every Corvette parts source we can find. New ones are being added all the time to. Look under Parts and Accessories and you will find a bunch of sources. In So-Cal I have bought from J&D Corvette in Bellflower. They are a great bunch of guys. There are others listed there also. A search for glass or hardtop should bring up some posibilities too. The most noted hardtop restoration and parts facility is in PA but many Corvette Parts houses stock the glass, rubber and hardware you may need.

It's been years since I have been to HI. I'm sure you would let me use your Corvette if I came over, right??
:D :L

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom