Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mods to a 1992 Vette 6 Speed Help

Drewmn87

Corvette
There is a vette on youtube that is disgustingly quick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-3VSWQ87hU

All that the guy said was-
"the corvette is an 86, 10.5 to 1 compression, with ported heads and intake with a small cam and no cat or mufflers, just has pre cats"

So if anyone could in better detail and more understandable words tell me what I need to do to my car that would be nice.

There is a vette on youtube that is disgustingly quick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-3VSWQ87hU

All that the guy said was-
"the corvette is an 86, 10.5 to 1 compression, with ported heads and intake with a small cam and no cat or mufflers, just has pre cats"

So if anyone could in better detail and more understandable words tell me what I need to do to my car that would be nice.

That 86 in the video probably has an L-98 motor. If yours is a 92 as in your sig you have an LT-1 motor. You already have about a 60 hp jump on that L98 engine.

Check and search for Lt-1 or LT1 mods. Chevy actually modified the engine in the 1996 version called Lt4 that has similar mods as to what that vette in the video may have had. Cam, heads, etc.

You can add about maybe 30 or 40 Hps through simple fairly low cost bolt ons. WIth the biggest price being an exhaust.

Anything over that and you better break out the wallet and your torque wrench.Because of the fact that major systems have to be modified

For about 1500 you can add maybe 100 hp shot of Nitrous. Just be sure your safe with it.

Decide on how fast you want to go. Check similar HP and weight figures of modern sports cars and compare the quarter mile times. Then pick a performance level and build to suit your needs.

This is coming from someone who has bolted on MANY parts that due to one reason or another made the car slower. A 500 dollar 1000 CFM carb on a stock 350 camaro doesnt make it faster :rotfl. The cam that had so much overlap it was blowing raw gas doughnuts out the giant tube headers didnt help either. ;shrug

All expensive lesson. My advice is get educated about the car before you open your wallet. Don't just bolt stuff on. Have a plan.

:thumb:thumb

he has to have nitrous LOL .... but no way does he just have mild add ons. Car is just too fast to be relying on what he mentioned.

he has to have nitrous LOL .... but no way does he just have mild add ons. Car is just too fast to be relying on what he mentioned.

a stock L98 with some short gears can accelerate like that. Right up until it runs out of breath.

However, I agree with the above statement. It's not just a naturally aspirated car. He probably has a power adder.

Works great may not last a long time however. Nitrous is HARD on just about everything mechanical. You may do 12 second quarters but its evedntually going to cost you witha cast piston motor :puke

Thanks for the info. Could you give me a list of bolt on hp items and where to get them that do for sure help hp? And how much will that effect gas mileage?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom