Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

More A/C blows on Floor and Windshield

G

ghfun

After some really great help here I still have the problem. I have visually checked the controler (in dash) and have no fault codes for either the controler or the Programmer which distributes the vacume to the various vents for positioning.

Everywhere under the hood I can find to check for vacuume it seems fine.

I can not seem to locate to trace the vacume hose from the engine compartment through the firewall to the programmer. I tried to remove the programmer box last evening to remove the screw holding the vacume lines on it but cant get any slack so that did not work.

I am lost at this point and had another email from a friend here who is having the exact same problem. Any further thoughts?
Thank You!! Mark ghfun@aol.com

I have this problem from time to time with my electronic A/C in my 1996 and have heard others say the same thing. Mine control buttons also sometimes will not respond but the Auto setting always seems to work fine. Sometimes even if I have the control set to 60 I still get heat. I was told to disconnect the Dash control head (Really just a wired remote controller) and clean the contacts between the remote and the HVAC unit (buried in the dash) itself.

A/C blows on floor and windshield

Hi - So you had the problem of the vent doors not providing air to the appropriate outlets? Did cleaning the contacts on the control head fix the problem?

A/C venting problem

Thanks, but I found the correct vacuum line and checked it today, there is vacume and the line is very solid and tight. Now what. Man this is baffelling.

Mark

Or here!

http://www.batee.com/corvette/index.shtml

If the VAC is good.......

I'm betting the AC controller has gone KAPUT.

( box under dash )

There are 2 resistors that go OVERHEAT and melt the solder enough to make a cold ( read intermittant ) connection.

Vig!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom