Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

More Cooling for 406

WhalePirot

Corvette
1984 White Z-51/ZF6-40/Shinoda body
Have any of you found a good solution for and early C-4, to add cooling capacity?

My '84 (warm running, as stock), with this hot 406 (a warm running engine) needs more cooling capacity. It has the factory HD cooling option (the oil cooler).

Already have the cooler thermal switch, and cooler thermostat, and no, there are no leaves; no Hoffa blocking the airflow. The car was totally disassembled.

I am looking for a larger capacity radiator, as using the heater core helps a fair bit.

Has anyone any experience with BeCool radiators? They claim a bolt in replacement, capable of cooling a 700 HP engine.

I am a picky bas...d. I'd like a referral.

thanks in advance.

Mike

:w

Mee tooooooo

So, I added the BeCool and the FlowTech pump. The Robert Shaw thermostat, from AutoZone($4), did the trick, tho.

Now a 195 degree switch should round it all out; make it cool in traffic, as on the highway.

Ken, let's meet soon??

Re: Mee tooooooo

WhalePirot said:
Ken, let's meet soon??

I'm just about always right here in Hermosa Beach. You are aware of the West Coast Corvette Challenge event coming up next week right?

:J SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! :J

AT LOS ANGELES COUNTY RACEWAY!!

COME TO LACR AND PIT YOUR CORVETTE AGAINST AN EQUALLY ENTHUSIASTIC OPPONENT!

RACE FANS CAN WATCH THEIR FAVORITE DRIVER OR THEIR FAVORITE CORVETTE RACE AGAINST EACH OTHER IN WILD SIDE-BY-SIDE ACTION AS THEY ROAR DOWN THE DRAGSTRIP!

COME ON OUT TO LACR, LOCATED IN THE HIGH DESERT COMMUNITY OF PALMDALE, CALIFORNIA.

:J SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!
:J

I agree, let's hook up sometime.

_ken :w

i'de make sure there is no debri between the radiator and tne a/c condensor. You may need to remove the fan shroud to visually check for debri.

I would also install a stewart high flow water pump and a aluminun radiator. Using distilled water to aintfreeze of about 80:20 in the summer should help.

all better now

The car runs nice and cool now; the Robert Shaw allowed the right amount of (increased) flow, so the BeCool and water pump can fully function. I am looking for a 195 degree switch for my fan, as the 210 is hotter than I want to see.

higher cfm fans << I am told that the stock fan has adequately cooled an 800 hp engine.

no debris << hell, I don't even allow dust on the car!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom