Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

MSD Opti broken from factory

JimBobHue

Corvette
1992 Coupe, A4
Waited almost 2 weeks to get my MSD Opti-spark. Got it today, removed the cap to check the rotor like the instructions said, and one of the screws for the rotor was broken off and laying inside the body.
Called the tech line and they want me to pay shipping to send it back. Wish I could have bought local. Bought from internet merchant who had it drop shipped from MSD.

Opti-spark replaced

Well, since I got the opti late on Friday I had to wait until Monday to speak with customer service. They agreed to overnight me a new Opti for the trouble and money I had to spend sending mine back. Inspected the new one and found it to be correctly assembled. Installed it and the car fired right up. I'm glad everything worked in the end. Was just bitterly disappointed at first after waiting more than a week for my MSD opti.

Glad it worked out...

its too bad that some of these companies that we see are not actually real companies that can make things happen right now when/if there is a problem.
Lots of them are just a guy sitting at his computer taking orders and getting products drop shipped. Some don';t even utilize a discount from the mfg they attempt to represent, they just mark up the mfg retail price and pass along the shipping cost. Thats the trouble with online shopping & purchases, you never know who exactly is on the other end of the transaction by looking at their website...They all look big time.

Glad your deal got taken care of.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom