Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Muncie issue

Joe,

When I first installed the Richmond behind the 502, I found that even the slightest deviation from "exact" meant that I lost the ability to shift into at least a gear or two.

Even with the alignment pin, getting the adjustment just right was like trying to part the fuzz on a peach. ;)

;LOL ;LOL :D :rotfl .. And you Know What's funny about that...???? Both you guys dropped your Shiffter rods....

Doo..Doo ... Doo... Doo.. (Twilight Zone):boogie

3zswpsp.jpg

;LOL ;LOL :D :rotfl .. And you Know What's funny about that...???? Both you guys dropped your Shiffter rods....

Doo..Doo ... Doo... Doo.. (Twilight Zone):boogie

Ahh the TKO; no rods to drop;
I can't wait until its in the 68 and I can do away with the sloppy, sticking stock shifter and with a flick of the wrist be in another gear. ;LOL;LOL

Ahh the TKO; no rods to drop;
I can't wait until its in the 68 and I can do away with the sloppy, sticking stock shifter and with a flick of the wrist be in another gear. ;LOL;LOL

Yeah.. but there's a price to pay for the rail shifter.. Tight and stiff to shift for the first 1K-2 K miles. Then..just like your first wife.. The cooking gets much better.;LOL

gee...think i fixed the problem....smoked the tires in first gear, scared the **** out of me in second and then third and fourth were no problem....

ain't nuthin' like a big block :D

thanks for the advice guys!

i'm still freakin' grinnin:upthumbs

U DA MAN!!!!!

;worship

...notice that i EVEN ponied up $20 to become a supporting member...well worth the ability to throw a problem out there and get so much help from you guys......

.:grouphug:

....next problem? sure, got one...thinking of adding a blower to the tripower when i put it on the zz440, know of anyone who could make a blower hat for a holley tripower and keep it low enough for a vette?....now THAT is a car you wouldn't see at every car show

UMMmmmmm...........

If everything was fine before the switch, you may be overlooking the obvious. I'd drop the linkage rods, line the plates up with the tool and start there.

Ahh...............nevermind, I always said I don't know nuttin bout nuttin. Glad it's fixed, now, when you get a$$hole deep in the next one, give a hollar.:upthumbs

Yeah.. but there's a price to pay for the rail shifter.. Tight and stiff to shift for the first 1K-2 K miles. Then..just like your first wife.. The cooking gets much better.;LOL

get rid of the stock shifter and put in a ripper, it'll be as tight as your first time ;LOL

Rowdy1......i kept thinking about your post, kept thinking about it, and finally agreed that you had to be correct...it was something obvious so thanks for getting me off my big fat assumptions and causing me to think....

...as my major prof in graduate school once told me "you look but you don't see"

thanks again, my man!:m

I Don't Know Much.............

But "If" I can ever be useful, I'm here, there, or any where. Bro, I've spent the best years of my life on my back, NO.........you pigs, not in that sense, but being a gear head. One day or for a month or so this summer, we'll have to get together and :beer &:booty

Bottom line, all is well in the land.;)

But "If" I can ever be useful, I'm here, there, or any where. Bro, I've spent the best years of my life on my back, NO.........you pigs, not in that sense, but being a gear head. One day or for a month or so this summer, we'll have to get together and :beer &:booty

Bottom line, all is well in the land.;)

You know, you have a good idea there. I wonder how difficult it would be to get all the NJ CACr's together for a day of swapping lies and having a few drinks together? I would offer up my place 'downa shore, that's no problem but OCNJ is not exactly in the middle of the state. If we had somebody who had a place on LBI, that would be neat. If none of that works out, we could always have it at my place in Hopewell which is damn near smack dab in the middle of the state. Lots of parking.

The benefit of OCNJ is watching the chickie parade since we are DIRECTLY on the glide path to the beach. Parking is a ***** during the season so I would have to work on that for you guys. However, if you ever saw a chickie walking by up in my neck of the woods in Hopewell, you should be afraid, VERY afraid.:ugh

You know, you have a good idea there. I wonder how difficult it would be to get all the NJ CACr's together for a day of swapping lies and having a few drinks together? I would offer up my place 'downa shore, that's no problem but OCNJ is not exactly in the middle of the state. If we had somebody who had a place on LBI, that would be neat. If none of that works out, we could always have it at my place in Hopewell which is damn near smack dab in the middle of the state. Lots of parking.

The benefit of OCNJ is watching the chickie parade since we are DIRECTLY on the glide path to the beach. Parking is a ***** during the season so I would have to work on that for you guys. However, if you ever saw a chickie walking by up in my neck of the woods in Hopewell, you should be afraid, VERY afraid.:ugh

I would say That The Ocean City Mansion would be the best place. Of course we have to put out chickie bate... Like Um.....Say Like Lou's C-1 in the Driveway next to the Glide path.

Either that or a C-2 Vert..(Top Down). Plus we have three levels of vantage .. Ground level... for the all important low & Close shots...The 2nd Level Balcony... for Mid Shots... and the Roof Balcony...for the bombardier over the top and down view.:D

Maybe you could work out parking with the neighbors..?

:beer

Jen just had the baby so I'll be heading back east sometime soon, I'm kinda liking the Memorial Day Saturday but its still up in the air. Nothin like a BBQ with a bunch of CAC buddies.

Sounds Like A Plan

All the ingredients, Vettes, Chickies, Beer and numerous vantage points.

Jen just had the baby so I'll be heading back east sometime soon, I'm kinda liking the Memorial Day Saturday but its still up in the air. Nothin like a BBQ with a bunch of CAC buddies.

well, congratulations!!!!:upthumbs

let's see what your timing looks like but PARKING on MEMORIAL DAY at the JERSEY SHORE?....you'd be better off taking the train from Pittsburgh:W

...seriously, last year, my wife tried to go food shopping at the 34th street market and there was NOT ONE spot to be had for hours...even the Freihofer's bakery guy parked blocks away and had to cart the bread across Bay, Haven and West Aves gridlocked traffic:crazy

All the ingredients, Vettes, Chickies, Beer and numerous vantage points.

....we should think of a day that works for all if OCNJ is where you want to be

I would say That The Ocean City Mansion would be the best place. Of course we have to put out chickie bate... Like Um.....Say Like Lou's C-1 in the Driveway next to the Glide path.

Either that or a C-2 Vert..(Top Down). Plus we have three levels of vantage .. Ground level... for the all important low & Close shots...The 2nd Level Balcony... for Mid Shots... and the Roof Balcony...for the bombardier over the top and down view.:D

Maybe you could work out parking with the neighbors..?

:beer

... i could possibly work out a few spots with the guy across the street who's a decent guy to me but it REALLY depends on which weekend...as i mentioned to bossvette....holidays? FUGEDDABOUTIT!!!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom