Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My 1974 Corvette Stingray Video

Tepot

Corvette
1974 Metalic Blue L-48 Coupe 4 speed
Hi guys,

I've finally came up with a video of my 74 Stingray.

Sounds pretty good !!!

I've got the Comp Cam XE-268 on Headers true 2.5" dual chambered exhaust.

Here's the link to the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kukI2LnxrqY

let me know what you think :)

sounds great

Nice job amazing sound and definetely one of the best vids i've seen for the c3.

thx for posting

Very nice and it looks like you're having fun with her!!

-Mac

Very nice, love the way the front lifts when you get on the gas!

:beer

Richard

Now I know what mine will sound like once I replace the cam and intake. Thanks Tepot. Great Vid!

Now I know what mine will sound like once I replace the cam and intake. Thanks Tepot. Great Vid!

yes, when I first bought my cam I was wondering how it would sound. You never know if you bought the right one. so When I got it , I figure posting the video so you guy's could know how the Comp cam XE-268H would sound like. So if you like like it. buy it. can't go wrong. And it won't give any problems with vaccum either.

I watched your video 4 or 5 times to listen to the cam. My car had been sitting at the shop for a month getting the 268H cam put in, and I was getting anxious to hear it. Very nice video, I just posted a video of mine today (see sig).

I watched your video 4 or 5 times, to listen to the cam. My car had been sitting at the shop for a month getting the 268H cam put in, and I was getting anxious. Very nice video, I just posted a video of mine today (see sig).

Very nice. it sounds great !!! love the lawn mower at the beggining of the video. ahahah. I've left you a good comment and good rating on your video.

Yeah, stupid lawnmower. I was excited so just grabed the camera a shot it, didnt think about the background. I need to bring a passenger and get some action shots too.

Yeah, stupid lawnmower. I was excited so just grabed the camera a shot it, didnt think about the background. I need to bring a passenger and get some action shots too.

yeah waiting for the end of the season to make another video , this time with burnouts and 360 degree turns.

I want to wait just before I store it in case I break something on the car. that way I have all winter to fix it. ahahah

yes, when I first bought my cam I was wondering how it would sound. You never know if you bought the right one. so When I got it , I figure posting the video so you guy's could know how the Comp cam XE-268H would sound like. So if you like like it. buy it. can't go wrong. And it won't give any problems with vaccum either.
How's the improvement in performance?

How's the improvement in performance?

hard to say for the cam alone because i've also installed at the same time a new intake. Edelbrock performer EPS. plus changed the timing chain and gears and new carburetor Edelbrock performer 600 cfm.

But all of those together made a huge difference on the performance. you can feel the difference in the seat when you floor it !!. I've gain alot of torque.

Next thing is some Edelbrock performer RPM heads. That should wake up that engine pretty good.

I also cant say exactly how much improvement I gained. I have had the performer intake for a few years, I replaced heads about 2 months ago, and I felt a middle gain, but the car was not completely tuned properly. Then last week, I put on a new edelbrock 600 carb (old one was junked up), new distributor, ignition components and the 268 high energy, similar but not extreme energy (sorry). That really changed the motor, When I initially replaced the heads I was unimpressed (mild remake fuile heads 67cc) but now with the addition of the new equipment, I felt a HUGE gain and have been very happy so far. I had a friend of mine that drives a LS1 Z28 and he was very impressed, and actually wasn’t to confident in winning a race, however, i don’t think I’m that fast yet. :)

I just finished putting on headers this afternoon. I took a quick video, Sounds alot meaner, later this week im hoping to finish with the side pipes. I felt another good gain with the headers, But to stay on topic.....Heres another video (this time no lawnmower :L ) http://youtube.com/watch?v=kQpxtb04U8Y

What is the difference between the high energy and extreme energy 268 cam? I am doing this project this winter. I already have headers and dual chambered exhaust installed as well as ignition. Can't wait to do this...

What is the difference between the high energy and extreme energy 268 cam? I am doing this project this winter. I already have headers and dual chambered exhaust installed as well as ignition. Can't wait to do this...

COMP CAM High energy-designed for street engines with an 8:1 to 9:1 compression ratio.These cams offer good increases in both gas mileage and power throughout the rpm range for most street applications

1,500-5,500
Intake Duration at 050 inch Lift:218
Exhaust Duration at 050 inch Lift:218
Duration at 050 inch Lift:218 int./218 exh.
Advertised Intake Duration:268
Advertised Exhaust Duration:268
Advertised Duration:268 int./268 exh.
Intake Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio:0.454 in.
Exhaust Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio:0.454 in.
Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio:0.454 int./0.454 exh. lift
Lobe Separation (degrees):110

COMP CAM Extreme Energy- built to take advantage of the latest cam technology, to provide maximum performance. By using an aggressive lobe profile, these cams provide better throttle response and more top-end horsepower than equivalent cams from other manufacturers, while delivering increased engine vacuum.

Cam Style:Hydraulic flat tappet
Basic Operating RPM Range:1,600-5,800
Intake Duration at 050 inch Lift:224
Exhaust Duration at 050 inch Lift:230
Duration at 050 inch Lift:224 int./230 exh.
Advertised Intake Duration:268
Advertised Exhaust Duration:280
Advertised Duration:268 int./280 exh.
Intake Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio:0.477 in.
Exhaust Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio:0.480 in.
Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio:0.477 int./0.480 exh. lift
Lobe Separation (degrees):110

If I had to do it again I would get the Extreme Energy, although I am definitely not unhappy with the High energy I put in. I think if you have any plans for bigger mods (mild heads) go with the extreme, if you going to stick with manifold and exhaust get a High energy. I heard that the high energy is a good replacement/performance cam for the L82. Vette79, if you would like to hear/ride/test drive mine I'd be happy to meet up

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom