Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My Corvette won't squeel tires on take off !!!

3:70 That's getting pretty tall. Any more than that and I'd advise staying off the highways unless you want to be redlining at 80mph. :eek :L

Well with my 3.08's and my 4 speed. I drive at 120 MH/H at about 3800 RPM. I don't think 3:70 will red line at 80 MPH.

I normally don't drive faster than 100 MPH and I'm sure I could probably reach that without being in the red line don't you think?

Is there anyone that can tell me how fast you can go with 3.70's with a 4 speed? What's your RPM at 80 MPH? How's gaz millage on highway with 3.70's . is it that bad or still acceptable?

3.08's are great for highway but friggin boring as hell when it's time to showoff the car's power. ahaha

3:55 turns mine at 3400 @70 mph

~Chas

May as ask since it'll likely come up...

What kinda RPM's you turnin' at 70mph with the 3.70 rear?

I would have to check, but would say around 3100 or so @ 60 mph... at 70 mph, it's more like 3300. For longer trips, the hum can be hypnotic.

Is there anyone that can tell me how fast you can go with 3.70's with a 4 speed? What's your RPM at 80 MPH?
Did I call it or did I call it??? So I was off by 10mph... :L

tepot said:
3.08's are great for highway but friggin boring as hell when it's time to showoff the car's power. ahaha
Hmmm...I and others might respectfully differ with you. Look very closely at the first pic. The second pic is a close-up taken a few seconds earlier... :cool

5823Burnout.jpg

520948125_696e4210de_o.jpg

3.08's aren't impressive for showing off the car??? I bite my thumb at thee!

You gotta kinda pick your spot for the burnout too. A nice shiny asphalt strip like I have right in front of the local cop shop is great. The night shifters are a little too slow out the door to see who is raisin hell. there is also a pretty cool spot in front of the Chevy dealership.. ... they like black marks from vettes.

You gotta kinda pick your spot for the burnout too. A nice shiny asphalt strip like I have right in front of the local cop shop is great.
And apparently right in front of the BG Baymont is not!
RE: Owner/manager not impressed!
;LOL

And apparently right in front of the BG Baymont is not!
RE: Owner/manager not impressed!
;LOL
Why being so shy, 'Dre ? ;LOL

For those who werent there: We almost got kicked out of the place.. :boogie But it was definitly worth it.. :chuckle :lou

Btw, i squeeeked my tires coming off the trailer (at the same place, in 2004), with my stock end and auto. And it got sideways too.. Slippery suckers those metal ramps.. :chuckle

I have spun them too... It's all in the motion, my friend. They are called "Old Iron" for a reason.. Just dont do it all the time. ;)

:w
-Stefan

My 79, top half of the engine new... about 400 hp. A BTO 700r4- 3.06:1 1st gear, and a 3.73 rear end will squeal my tires till the day is over. It wont get loose, and It can leave a skid over 50 feet long. Ive only done that once, and that was in my school parking lot. That was from a ded stop, and no brakes were involved. Theres a time and place for everything, and thats the highschool parking lot!!
zachh

My Trans Am 'll do it to, but not a very good one, its got a 6.6, alot of torque, but not a screamer like my vette, it'll do good with the front brakes locked, but thats about it.
zachh

I read somewhere that Corvette's have something special/different in the drivetrain or suspension than other cars that help the tires grab more - spin less (well relatively anyway). I'm not sure that this is totally accurate, but I believe there has to be some truth to this...

My Vette has lots of hp and torque and by comparison performs much stronger than my Camaro. The Vette has 3.70:1 and the Camaro has 3.73:1 rear. Both have Muncie 4 speeds - both will get rubber in all 4 gears -- the Vette will spin the tires and then take off like a rocket. However, the Camaro will literally burn rubber -- white smoke and all, and will leave two dark black rubber patches on the road - for easily 50 feet -- before letting up on the gas...

Again, my Vette is much more powerful than the Camaro, but the Camaro can be better at "showing off" and being obnoxious!!! So maybe it's the drivetrain or suspension?

:lou

Again, my Vette is much more powerful than the Camaro, but the Camaro can be better at "showing off" and being obnoxious!!! So maybe it's the drivetrain or suspension?

:lou
The do have a special rear end, thats why they dont have a solid rear axle (the reason for the halfshafts) I dont know... but I think not just one, but both of my cars are obnoxious!!!!!:cool;help
zachh

: I also have a L48 with 55,000 miles 4 speed with only headers it spins tires just fine no clutch smell dont get me wrong the HP is so low its SAD

Put a pair of those spacesaver spares on there.That ought to do it.;LOLOr bleach on the road.Thats old school

I took my car for a ride today. I just had the tach cable replaced. If my speedometer and tach reads right. These are the RPM I came with:

4 Speed Manual transmission on 3.08 rear end

70 MPH @ 2800 RPM

80 MPH @ 3200 RPM

90 MPH @ 3500 RPM

100 MPH @ 3800 RPM

Now fine69 will sell me his brand new in the box 3.70 ring an pinion. Can someone tell me What are the RPM's that I should expect with those speeds listed above?

Please only post a response if you have a 4 speed manual transmission with 3.70. An automatic Transmission won't give same or acurate results.

let me know

You don't need a 3.70, you need more HP.

You don't need a 3.70, you need more TORQUE.
...there we go. Corrected! :upthumbs

(You should know..you have a 383 :L)

...there we go. Corrected! :upthumbs

(You should know..you have a 383 :L)

LOL. I know that but for now. gears will do just fine. They are cheaper than HP. I will probably add some Edelbrock performer heads next year. Don't know where that will bring me in HP and Torque. But I think it's the next step I should take.

4 Speed Manual transmission on 3.08 rear end

70 MPH @ 2800 RPM

80 MPH @ 3200 RPM

90 MPH @ 3500 RPM

100 MPH @ 3800 RPM

Now fine69 will sell me his brand new in the box 3.70 ring an pinion. Can someone tell me What are the RPM's that I should expect with those speeds listed above?

With a 3.70:

70 = 3363
80 = 3844
90 = 4325
100 = 4805

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom