Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My God - All 4 Callaways?

jonstr

I'm in shock, not so much from the prices, but one guy just bought all 4 of Reeves Callaway's cars for a grand total of $685,000.

ZR1 Speedster: $175K
Sledgehammer: $205K
C12 Coupe: $105
C7R: $200K

Make Ya Wonder Don't It?

I can't imagine laying out that kind of money for a car collection, even those one of a kind legendary ones. Talk about unlimited funds, more power to him.

Yeah, all I gotta say is daaaayyyumm. The guy that bought those cars knew exactly what he was doing. For the prices that he bought them for he can sell them immediately for a profit. Heck, the C12's sell for $150k in the open market and the TT ZR1 and Sledge? PRICELESS! I'm kinda surprised that there weren't any serious bids from any people that were interested in buying a race car with a documented history. That C7r ran at LeMans!

Do we know who bought them??? I haven't seen the video yet. Im taping it, I had to work a Merle<sp?> Haggard concert today. Yee haw :L

His name is Richard, and he BETTER drive those suckers.

No, that is what his name sounded like when B/J interviewed him after the fourth purchase.
He called them all(the cars), an appreciating investment.

SCVette said:
No, that is what his name sounded like when B/J interviewed him after the fourth purchase.
He called them all(the cars), an appreciating investment.

I just watched my video. That was freaking awesome. I just wish the announcers would have shut the hell up while they were describing the cars.
They did talk about some guy in a Callaway shirt :D :D :D

Eric, were you the one they spoke of who sent them the email about the Callaways owners group being there? That was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen and I didn't even get to see in person. I can't wait to hear from the guys that went.

....And he said he was going to drive them!!!!

reubenmc said:
Eric, were you the one they spoke of who sent them the email about the Callaways owners group being there? That was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen and I didn't even get to see in person. I can't wait to hear from the guys that went.

....And he said he was going to drive them!!!!

yeap, that was me that sent in the plug to the announcers that we had a couple enthusiasts in the crowd. I figured they needed some material to talk about because they rarely mentioned anything about any of the people that were phoning in or bidding via the internet.

I sent in the same message several times and surely enough-- they mentioned the same thing about us two times! :) Made my day!

4 cals

i was sitting on the edge of my seat i can't believe the Zephyr sold for 400k and the sledge only fetched 200k?? they really shoud have emphasized thet it was the fastest street car on the planet also i don't know how many of you caught the fact that the car has been at Reeves shop for a complete overhaul ( worth 50k!!) for the past few months give me a break that guy got the score of a lifetime where do you go from there performance wise??

Sledgehammer Steal

While the Lincoln Zephyr V12 hot rod was $400K, this was also one of the most beautiful cars at the auction and had several national trophies. The price on the Sledgehammer is really put into perspective when a very nice, but very stock Shelby GT500 Mustang convertible was sold at the same auction on the same day for $230K and some big block C3 Corvettes were bringing around $150K.

Maybe I am just a bit prejudiced, but I think the Mustang guy and others should have saved their dough and gone against the Colorado guy's winning bid on the Sledgehammer. There was only a small sign on the Callaway which described its heritage and speed capabilities.

they should have let us sell it !!

yes i thouht the same thing the black and white GT 500 went for 260k and the owner was hoping to get 125k!! in a performance and rarity comparison that should have made the sledge worth 700k , however perhaps a repaint in some todays favorite custom flavor and chromed dymags would have fetched it a higher price Colorado what a great place to own those cars .Did callaway really need to sell ?? did he get bored of driving them??? would you sell if you didn't have too ?? does anything really matter?? could the sledge pace the Daytona 500 and pull away from the pack at 200mph just the show them what she could do ?? The performance world has been done an injustice all the power a Corvette could ever deliver has been put into one persons hands will he share it with us??Ther is still one zr1 tt out there for sale the blue one.........

Who bought the convertible Callaway that came up later? Was it the same guy?

Who is this guy? Anyone have any more info?
I want to camp out on his door step in a stalker/investigative reporter style with my digi camera for when he returns from AZ.

There was a TT that was to be auctioned ~20 cars prior to the Callaway Collection-- and it missed the TV coverage entirely. Did they even auction it?? :confused

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom