Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My New Garage

D

Dave L.

After many,many months of planning..My new garage is under way. Lori wants a house attached also. Details..1200 sq ft insulated/heated garage (6 bay)floor drains,220 etc. House will be 2800 sq ft. I'll post a photo every once in a while.

Congrats Dave,
I'm trying to con mine into a nice little 19x31 so I can get the boat out of my Vette habitat.
Why is it that guys always need more garage than house?? I could do with a bathroom and bedroom, all that other stuff is just more to keep up!

If you get the wife to go for the lift, let me know the excuse path.......may come in handy.

Cee

Cee- For now,she's put a halt to garage spending until she gets all her kitchen needs met.

Careful, after she has her kitchen needs met, then their "needs" turn to other rooms with no regard to garage necessities. It's a delicate negotiation period when you've only got so much $$ to get the house built. Once it is built, it won't be long before you begin to think what you'd do differently should you build again. I should not have given in as easy as I did when I built my garage(house attached). I could sure use those two extra bays that I gave up for hardwood floors....live and learn.

When we built our new home four years ago, we struck a deal - I suggested "You design the house, whatever you want, and I'll design the garage, whatever I want"; she thought that was a great plan and bought into it, with only one rule - the garage can't be bigger than the house. She got her 3300, I got my 2600, we're both happy :D

BURGLAR said:
After many,many months of planning..My new garage is under way. Lori wants a house attached also. Details..1200 sq ft insulated/heated garage (6 bay)floor drains,220 etc. House will be 2800 sq ft. I'll post a photo every once in a while.
Hi BURGLAR -

That sounds like a very nice garage...I kinda have the same deal - a big garge with an attached house...

best regards -

mqqn

mqqn- It's going to be nice having the garage attached to the house. My present garage is detached. Whats the size of your garage? I only wish I could approach the size and granduer of JohnZ's garage. He's got the best setup I've ever seen! I'll be happy having nice big warm garage to work in all winter.

JohnZ- Actually,Lori's given me pretty much free will in this whole deal. She also was concerned the house didn't appear smaller than the garage. I did tell Lori that the only 'space' she can have in MY garage is the parking space for her car...thats IT.

I know what you mean "if I could do it again". I have a 2 car attached garage that is my wifes domain and for me its a 30x48 pole barn which someday will be finished and insulated. I wish I had gone 14 feet high instead of 10 and known enough to insulate under the floor.
DSC01617.JPG
Not as fancy as most, but I don't have to worry about spills or paint on the floor;LOL

If you get the wife to go for the lift, let me know the excuse path.......may come in handy.
Mine got her deck and hot tub paid for by you know who:D

Looks like a nice shop to me bossvette...lots of room.

BURGLAR said:
Looks like a nice shop to me bossvette...lots of room.
;LOL you should have seen it two weeks ago, before spring cleaning, the bigger the barn the more junk you collect ;LOL I am 45 mins from Cruise-Fest 2004 so I took time to clean up a little "just in case someone broke down and needed repairs done"

Hi Dave,
Glad to hear your new home is started.. Sounds great..

BURGLAR said:
JohnZ- Actually,Lori's given me pretty much free will in this whole deal. She also was concerned the house didn't appear smaller than the garage. I did tell Lori that the only 'space' she can have in MY garage is the parking space for her car...thats IT.
My wife was delighted that we were finally going to have a nice, big garage so her car could be parked indoors - our daily drivers had sat outside in the rain, snow, and ice for 30 years because my projects had always occupied our various 2-1/2-car garages in past homes. Now that she doesn't have to scrape ice and shovel snow, she's happy :D

The garage/house footers and walls are now complete as of today. I think I'm going to like the size of this garage.

Dave

Looks great! Now is the time to review your plumbing/electrical/mechanical needs again, before the floor and walls go up - those issues are a LOT less expensive to deal with at the stud stage than after the garage is up and you decide to change something.

:beer

I have a 30x50 in which I have two 7 foot garage doors and one 8 foot garage door. I have it dry walled and painted along with ref, satalitte T.V. and a couch, next year we are remolding our kitchen and I am going to put the old kitchen cabinets, counters with sink and stove in my shop. Man what a DOGHOUSE!! I love being in it.

Goose

Yes Goose,thats the kind of doghouse I have in mind !

Dave

framing almost completed

My garage is taking shape. I should have some roof trusses tomorrow.

Dave

Looks good! :beer Can't wait to see the progress in a few weeks.

I got roof trusses today.

I had all the trusses and most of the roof go up today! This is exciting!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom