Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My ZR1 Got Stolen!

Perhaps you should start thinking about how you use the corvette?

You left your keys in the car..??????????????????then its your fault it got stolen,Here in Austraila you get a fine for doing that

I'm sorry that your corvette got stolen, and thankfully returned. I have 'LoJack' in my 2003 50th Anniversary edition coupe, and every five years, I have the system tested by loJack, They Essentially 'Steal' the car from your driveway electronically. And the install a fresh tracking sender, which is very well hidden, even I don't know where the attach it.

But to the larger issue, I NEVER LEAVE THE KEYS IN THE IGNITION WHEN I'M NOT IN THE DRIVERS SEAT. Please accept my advice with a sense of that I want you to have your ZR1 for a longtime. Hopefully you won't make that mistake again. Good luck and I hope you enjoy the ZR1, . . . If I had the means, I'd buy one tomorrow Morning ! :)

I would never leave the keys in the car unless someone else was sitting in there, not even if I was pumping gas. Unless it's within arms reach, it's not secure. In the military, not securing something can have harsh consequences. :L

Then again, if a kid took off with my ZR-1, the consequences would be even harsher.:ugh

Stolen Vette

I was pumping gas on Monday. Left my keys in the car, my wife went inside to get a drink. While I was pumping gas, an 18 yr old jumped in & took off. I almost passed out. I called On Star & they tracked & disabled the car & told the cops where it was. The kid got 9 miles away & never went over 60 mph. I got my car back un scathed. I wanted to kiss the cops. I will keep on star on my car from now on.

Sorry, I do not believe this story for a minute and On-Star is a waste of money.

Hmmm reads just like an Ad for OnStar... :W

Troll? ;squint:

Wow! I hate to ask this but do ya feel like you been kicked in the d**k? :chuckle

It was running & I was filling the tank, it is partly my fault.

Partly?

The least of your worries was getting the vehicle stolen (possibly even poetic justice), if your filling the tank with the vehicle running. What in gods name were you thinking? Not only could you hurt yourself, but everyone around you. :confused Hopefully this is a crank post.

You left your keys in the car..??????????????????then its your fault it got stolen,Here in Austraila you get a fine for doing that

Well, if you left your keys in the car, then you're asking for trouble !:upthumbs

Then again, in melbourne.. you guys get fine for everything, its like a dictator rule, they called a 'Hoon' law, if you rev your ride, you'll getta a fine, do it 3 times, they inpound your ride!:mad. And talk about speed cameras over there, its in every corner of the street in melbourne & most of the major cities in Oz. Can't have fun in your ride much there.

[FONT=&quot]I don’t understand, the ZR1 is Key Less system!:confused[/FONT]

Insurance?

I know you have insurance. Right. But I did not hear the word REWARD.If so How much...

Enter to WIN a 2011 Big Red Corvette and Support the WKU Hilltopper Athletic Foundation!
CLICK HERE to purchase your $10 raffle ticket or call (270) 745-5321.
Drawing will be held Saturday, November 20th at halftime of the WKU vs. MTSU football game in Bowling Green, KY. Need not be present to win.
Ian,

Please do not post to topics that do not have to do with a Corvette raffle.

Well, if you left your keys in the car, then you're asking for trouble !:upthumbs

Then again, in melbourne.. you guys get fine for everything, its like a dictator rule, they called a 'Hoon' law, if you rev your ride, you'll getta a fine, do it 3 times, they inpound your ride!:mad. And talk about speed cameras over there, its in every corner of the street in melbourne & most of the major cities in Oz. Can't have fun in your ride much there.

Thats so very true,But we do have lots of outback roads to give it a bit of a belt :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom