Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My ZR1 Got Stolen!

Does seem kinda strange, don't it? Did they move the fuel tank filler door on the C6?

You pretty much have to stand in front of the driver's door to refuel a C6. :eek:wned

You pretty much have to stand in front of the driver's door to refuel a C6. :eek:wned

Yep, that's what I've found, either that or just behind the gas filler door, either way....your standing there :rotfl

Maybe he was walking into the store to pay for gas or help wife get a drink or or or something....;shrug

Fill It and Don't Touch The Ordinance

The only responsible way to refuel.
Remo:cool

aerial-refueling-1.jpg

Is that a F-18?

Yeah, that's an -18... loaded to the gills! What war is he off to start, invasion of deathstar or something?

As for the stolen Z, that's amazing that the OnStar function can control the car like that. Wouldda been a btch if the kid was just turning through an intersection and it got shut off... El Crasho...
or maybe not if the eye-in-the-sky knows precisely where it is before shutdown. Scary, but worked in this case...

Can it lead you to the next cobra for a nice showdown? :rotfl

Yeah, that's an -18... loaded to the gills! What war is he off to start, invasion of deathstar or something?

As for the stolen Z, that's amazing that the OnStar function can control the car like that. Wouldda been a btch if the kid was just turning through an intersection and it got shut off... El Crasho...
or maybe not if the eye-in-the-sky knows precisely where it is before shutdown. Scary, but worked in this case...

Can it lead you to the next cobra for a nice showdown? :rotfl

Well lets see, there 250lb bombs, a/a missles, rockets and external fuel tank, looks like it's either on patrol or being moved into position, but isn't F-18's usually assigned to carriers???? Could be on patrol around the carrier

Look, I couldn't help myself. I really needed to feel the difference between a ZO and ZR :boogie

Glad I can joke about your misfortune since you got car back without a scratch. That's an amazing story!

That's funny. I deserve the ribbing. I wrote that post 5 hrs after I got home. I feel pretty (very) stupid right now. It's a gas station right near my home & I've never had any problems there.

Wow, that's bold. Guess next time he'll think twice before steeling a car that can be disabled with a phone call.
He was 19 with priors. He was charged with car jacking because I was touching the car. It's a mandatory 5 yrs, plus grand theft. Had my wife been inside, he would have picked up a kidnapping charge as well.

You left your keys in the car..??????????????????then its your fault it got stolen,Here in Austraila you get a fine for doing that

It was running & I was filling the tank, it is partly my fault.

You can get fined if a police officer see`s the keys in the ignition,while your not in the car,ie pumping gas,running into a shop...plus you may not get insurance cover for leaving the keys in :ugh

It probably cuts car theft down

How is it unsecured if he's standing there pumping gas? Please read his first statement. The fuel fill point is where the 18 year old had to almost bump into him to get in, and what did he do with the fuel hose? Pull it out and put the cap back on for the thief? To see what I mean try to get into a C6 while someone is in the fueling position. Many times, being right handed, I stand in front of the door as I pump. Now if he was not pumping fuel all bets are off and his story is not accurate.

There is still more to this story. :thumb

I was returning the gas nozzle. This kid was scoping me out. I can't tell you how stupid I feel about it.

Will, maybe both of you learned a leason that day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Billy;LOL

Well lets see, there 250lb bombs, a/a missles, rockets and external fuel tank, looks like it's either on patrol or being moved into position, but isn't F-18's usually assigned to carriers???? Could be on patrol around the carrier

It is fueling off of a National Guard, AirForce configured tanker. Not unusual, you buy gas where you can at 40,000 feet. You do not arm up for Moose hunting if you are just out for a walk through the woods, I would say he plans on coming home without the bombs.

Navy/Marine configuration is to fuel off of free trailing fuel hoses instead of a fuel boom. Here is a briefing PPP for F18 drivers.

Seems you had a couple brain farts, including refueling with the motor running, etc.;)

AAaahhh, the rest of the story, it was running, so where the fob was had nothing to do with the theft.

You leave your car running while you fuel it? Keep OnStar on speed dial, you may need it to report the fire. :eek:hnoes

I was pumping gas on Monday. Left my keys in the car, my wife went inside to get a drink. While I was pumping gas, an 18 yr old jumped in & took off. I almost passed out. I called On Star & they tracked & disabled the car & told the cops where it was. The kid got 9 miles away & never went over 60 mph. I got my car back un scathed. I wanted to kiss the cops. I will keep on star on my car from now on.
If I ever got my hands on the kid that stole my ZR1, he'd be lucky if he could grip a pencil, let alone steal another car after I got through with him.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom