Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mystery Connector

Dmod81

As I was trying to fix my power door locks, I found a connector under the passenger side dash that wasn't hooked up to anything. It is a black connector and it has a dark blue wire and a black wire with a purple stripe coming out of it. Does anyone know what it could be for?

Off the top of my head, I have no idea. Can you get a camera in there to take a picture, then maybe I could check out my service manual. Someone else might now as well.

Good Luck,
Craig

Could it be the connector for the light on the kick panel...I doubt it is, but it is my best guess.

No, the light works. Really, everything works in the car except for the power locks.

Does your car have bose or a power antenna? If not this may be the plug for a factory bose speaker amp and a power antenna lead. Just a guess, but the colors match.:ugh

Yes, the RPOs say I have the bose 6 speaker system, although i can only find four. Everything for the stereo system works, except for I have the two front speaker enclosures unplugged because I need to replace the amps. The factory system is still installed.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom