Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mystery light on C6 -- Orange Light Behind Visor??

D

dtammen

Has anyone else noticed the inconspicuously placed orange LED located behind the passenger visor?

I've been trying to research the function of the light all evening, have owned the vehicle well over a year, and haven't been able to come up with anything thus far. I speculate it's been surreptitiously placed to illuminate the cupholders, but the notion of such an engineering touch in my C6 seems unlikely.

Any info would be appreciated!

I have a similar light on my C5. It looks to me like it provides low level light to the shifter area.

It is one of those give away options. You buy the car, we give you the light.:D

My C5 had that light too and I think it was a little brighter than my C6.

Sounds right.

I have a similar light on my C5. It looks to me like it provides low level light to the shifter area.

Provides just a hint of low level light to illuminate the shift area in the C6.

Before the C6, I replaced the stock mirror in my C5 with an aftermarket that had an integrated thermometer and compass, then noticed that it didn't have the orange LED illuminating the shifter area. One of those cases where "you don't miss it 'till you don't got it." To alleviate that situation I purchased a small battery driven clip-on orange LED thingy to pick up the slack (adjustable brightness, but had to manually turn it on and off :eyerole).

Dave

Is that cool or what??? It took me the longest time to figure out what that was for after I got my C6.

The really wierd thing about this is, we've had this car for almost 2 years now, and tonight was the first time I noticed the light....and definitely not the first time we've had it out at night!???

A nice touch I'd say.

A nice touch indeed, and reminiscent of BMW, who is fond of bathing the cockpit in a redish/orange glow.

My 92, 94 & 96 all have that light. A low-level light to illuminate the cupholders.

See, those guys at GM do design cool things.

I use mine all the time!

SAVE THE :w

You, Too?

We were driving around Saturday night, looking at Christmas lights...and my husband noticed the little orange light. We've been questioning its purposes since! I've only had this car since October, so now I don't feel bad about our 'late discovery'.

The other surprise I got was, reading the manual again, about the radio functions...I was wondering why the Vette didn't have radio controls on the steering wheel. I like them on our other car, and missed the convenience. Silly me! I didn't know about Voice Recognition...this car needs a new owner's educational class!

Time to trade?

We were driving around Saturday night, looking at Christmas lights...and my husband noticed the little orange light. We've been questioning its purposes since! I've only had this car since October, so now I don't feel bad about our 'late discovery'.

The other surprise I got was, reading the manual again, about the radio functions...I was wondering why the Vette didn't have radio controls on the steering wheel. I like them on our other car, and missed the convenience. Silly me! I didn't know about Voice Recognition...this car needs a new owner's educational class!

Not sure about the Voice Recognition, but if you like the steering wheel mounted radio controls, get thee to the Chevy dealer and order up a 2007 with the 3LT trim package. You'll be good to go :upthumbs .

Dave

I just checked mine out (light) this weekend after reading these posts. It really does make a difference. Surprising how dark it was without it when covered up! Nice little extra and will be fun to show people in the future.

My 1981 has a (old fashion) bulb light behind the gauge bezel that illuminates the AC/Heater controls. The basic idea has been around for a long time. However I will say that LED will likely outlive the average owner whereas when I have to change out that bulb it is one PITA!!!

....... nut

Visor Light!

Has anyone else noticed the inconspicuously placed orange LED located behind the passenger visor?

I've been trying to research the function of the light all evening, have owned the vehicle well over a year, and haven't been able to come up with anything thus far. I speculate it's been surreptitiously placed to illuminate the cupholders, but the notion of such an engineering touch in my C6 seems unlikely.

Any info would be appreciated!

The light is there to cast light on the shifter area at night, works very well.

Gary Civiletti

It is a dim amber light so you can see the console area without being distracted and it is romantic.

It is a dim amber light so you can see the console area without being distracted and it is romantic.

You've got it, t's just to light-up the console area, never thought it was romantic.

Gary

En effet!

Indeed it is. I wish it were just a tad brighter; adjustable perhaps?

Romantic

Ah romance, I think a famous poet by the name of Meatloaf said/sang it best: "I can see paradise by the dash board lights." :beer

I just checked my 05 vert and I do not have one. Is it just in coupes? I feel cheated!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom