Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ncoa

Red73BB

Corvette
1969 dark red convert
I joined my local Corvette club and the NCRS in September, yesterday I received an application from National Corvette Owners Association. They claim they have 16000 menbers so surely we have menber here that belong to NCOA. Why would I want to pay them $39 dollars /year? What benefits would be worth the money. If anyone is a member and see's the benefits please let me know.
Thanks

They send a nice news letter that has some great info. Pat Goss is the main technical writer (motor week, etc). They have some good classifieds and upcoming information.

They claim you can get parts price discounts at G.M. dealers with membership as well. I already get cost plus 10% as I worked for a local Chevy dealer years ago.

Is it worth the fee????? I have no idea. That is up to you. We do look forward to the newsletter and almost always learn something from it.

My membership pays for itself with the discounts from Sears, NTB, and Corvette Central(or is it Mid-America:confused). There are lots of other discounts as well. It isn't a club in the traditional sense where everyone gets together and cruises and has shows, it's more of a AAA for Vette owners. The thread linked below talks about some of the other discounts and benefits.

Previous thread about National Corvette Owners Association

Eric, thanks for the info and the thread. I guess I should of done a search.

Racer78 said:
Eric,
That sure sounds worth joining. I still have my doubts about the NCRS though as to it's vaule for a everyday driver owner.
I have posted several questions on the NCRS furum and either get no answer, very litle help, or a nasty/snide remark with no help!. Maybe you must be memeber to get helped. If they would have answered my questions better/nicer i would be a member by now. Maybe i met the bad 2% that every org has :)
I get way more help here at CAC and at Korvette Forum :)
Keith

Keith,
I've seen the kind of remarks you're referring to myself however, I've always gotten pretty quick replies to my questions. I think when they shut down the discussion forum a lot of members abandoned the tech forum too since it was tech only, no comraderie like we have here at the CAC. I think part of what killed the discussion forum was a lack of moderation because there were some downright mean threads out there that I gave a long disertation about the NCRS in a post in the Mid-Atlantic events area of the CAC. If you're thinking of the NCRS, go to an event and see what we're all about cause we're really not all bad, honest:). The hands on knowledge you can get from the judging process (even just watching) is unbelievable even if you aren't into restoration.

Even if you do decide against the NCRS, I encourage everyone to get involved with a local club. They represent one of the easiest ways to meet people who share our interests in Corvettes and they will know all of the best local Vette shops. I would recommend, however, that you attend a couple meetings before joining any club so you know if their interests match yours.

There I go again, rambling my head off. I'll shut up now.

- Eric

Along with the newsletters and discounts the NCOA also includes a $5,000 life insurance policy. The yearly membership dues that I've paid over the last three years have been recouped and then some, by the discounts alone. Everything else is a bonus.

I also recommend the NCRS. The Original . . .

Ron NCRS #3637

No, the use of the nickname "Tangy" struck me as funny. I mean, for a girl maybe, but a guy... ;)

:L NO OFFENSE MEANT HERE TOWARDS ANYONE!! :L

rpounds said:
I also recommend the NCRS. The Original . . .

Ron NCRS #3637

Geez Loueezee! So tell me Ron, with a membership # like that, did you join when you were 12? :eek Errr, wait a sec, the NCRS started in 74, right? So maybe you were 20, lemme find a calculator. Great, now my head hurts, I'm going to bed. :confused

- Eric - NCRS #34190

Oops . . . #36647 . . . I missed an extra '6'.

However, I am ancient . . . 44. And, my vette is a driver . . . at least once or twice a week to work. It is not 'top flight', and it is not likely to be. So, why did I join the NCRS?

The decal is cool . . . :)

rpounds said:
Oops . . . #36647 . . . I missed an extra '6'.... So, why did I join the NCRS? The decal is cool . . . :)
:L :L :L You just reminded of a can am flared Shark I saw at Carlisle a few years back with an NCRS window sticker and license frame. The owner must've had lots of laughs over the reactions that earned him.
- Eric

What's really cool though, is the jackets that you can order through our local club, Orange County Corvettes here in So. Cal.. The sticker stays with the car, but the jacket goes everywhere. Come on cold wheather!!!!

rpounds said:
Oops . . . weather . . . so I can't spell . . .

Hey Ron,

No hidden message here but I gotta tell you, I love that edit button:L:L.
- Eric

I did not realize that I could get discounts from those other vendors. That is funny. So, I have not only been paying my dues, but I have also been paying too much for some of my aftermarket parts:r

I have always been bad about reading the fine print.

Got to order some small parts today, think I will give the discount a whirl.:s

69MyWay said:
Got to order some small parts today, think I will give the discount a whirl.:s

Chris - I don't know if whirling:s is such a good idea with your current condition:eyerole. Just kidding, hope you're feeling better!

- Eric

Ken said:
No, the use of the nickname "Tangy" struck me as funny. I mean, for a girl maybe, but a guy... ;)

:L NO OFFENSE MEANT HERE TOWARDS ANYONE!! :L

Alright, lets clear the air :). The nic is for the orange Vette, as in tangerine....you know as in making your juices flow. Mine flows everytime I drive her!!! She also wears "TANG-EE" on her tag. :)
Rick

tangee-vette said:
She also wears "TANG-EE" on her tag. :)
Rick

Cool Rick! There is an organge mustang GT one neighborhood away with "TANG GT" on the plate. I'm not sure if he intended the TANG to be short for musTANG or a ref to the color of that old powdered drink or maybe both but I like the plate.

Sorry to mention th "M" word.

- Eric

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom