Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

NCRS Indiana Regional At Auburn

Thursday Night Reception

We will finish up with a shot of the GM Futureliner Number 10 that was restored by the volunteers at the NATMUS Museum where we had our opening night reception. The variety of vehicles on display here is amazing. If you ever get a chance to stop here and also the ACD Museum next door, do it.

I had a great time judging the 1958-1960 Corvette interiors and can't wait to do it again. Thanks to the Indiana Chapter NCRS for putting on an absolutely great event.

Thanks also to Auctions America RM for their hospitality and for opening their facility so groups like the NCRS can have a warm, dry and secure place to hold events.

Tom

20160422_001100310_iOS.jpg

Welcome to the CAC

A charity that I buy raffle tickets from every year has a red/red 340 horse with both tops and knock offs this year. It will probably be at the Auburn Spring Auction.

Tom

Tom, thanks so much for posting this event. A bunch of really nice cars there. Did you learn anything about your car? The ACD museum is just unbelieveable. We were there this past summer and could have spent a lot more time than we did. Also the one back behind had a nice selection of cars as well.

Thanks for posting these beautiful cars. Must have been a challenge judging your class!

I did pick up a few bits of knowledge I can use. I hope I was able to add to the team as well. It's always good to judge with someone that has been doing it for a long time too. We did 5 '59 and '60 cars on Friday and 4 '58s on Saturday. It is a challenge being consistent and fair while sticking to the standards. By the time owners get their cars to this level they are pretty darn close to perfect and everyone is there to enjoy the process. The owners are very interested in what we find so they can make improvements. Sometimes you find things that aren't really worth a point deduction so you just make a note and point it out during the review. Any way you look at it it's a lot of fun looking over these beautiful cars in detail for a few days.

tom

Tom,

I can't believe that you were in Auburn and didn't call me. Was the Futureliner there when you were in the NATMUS?

Tom

I did pick up a few bits of knowledge I can use. I hope I was able to add to the team as well. It's always good to judge with someone that has been doing it for a long time too. We did 5 '59 and '60 cars on Friday and 4 '58s on Saturday. It is a challenge being consistent and fair while sticking to the standards. By the time owners get their cars to this level they are pretty darn close to perfect and everyone is there to enjoy the process. The owners are very interested in what we find so they can make improvements. Sometimes you find things that aren't really worth a point deduction so you just make a note and point it out during the review. Any way you look at it it's a lot of fun looking over these beautiful cars in detail for a few days.

tom

Probably a silly question but what are the main things you look for when judging 40/45 year old cars? I've seen some restorations that look better than when they rolled off the assembly line. Can you "over" restore a vehicle? I'm not too far from the Gilmore Car Museum (90 acres and over 300 vintage autos) down in Hickory Corners, MI. A lot of those never looked that good when they were built....

Scott

Probably a silly question but what are the main things you look for when judging 40/45 year old cars? I've seen some restorations that look better than when they rolled off the assembly line. Can you "over" restore a vehicle? I'm not too far from the Gilmore Car Museum (90 acres and over 300 vintage autos) down in Hickory Corners, MI. A lot of those never looked that good when they were built....

Scott

Here it is from the NCRS Judging Reference Manual:

"Cars are to be judged to the standard of vehicle appearance, and as equipped at the time and point of final assembly by the Chevrolet Motor Division of General Motors Corporation. Presentation for judging is to be in the condition normally associated with that of a Corvette which has undergone the then-current standard Chevrolet Dealer New Car Preparation for delivery to a purchaser, exclusive of any dealer or purchaser inspired additions, deletion or changes."

Over restored cars usually get points deductions. In fact many of the points deductions we found were for paint being too nice in areas that would have never been that nice from the factory.

Tom

iPhone Video

Tasco Turquoise 1960 Moving into the show arena.

Video

Try it again. They were all set to public but I reset them anyway just to make sure.

Tom

Try it again. They were all set to public but I reset them anyway just to make sure.

Tom
Works now, thanks. That's a lot of time, effort and love for vehicles on that floor. I need to win the lotto so I can have one like the gray Vette, second in from the start.

Nice videos, Tom :thumb

Thanks. I'm glad they are working now.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom