Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Neat thing about Vettes

Jeb

Corvette
1987 Convertable
I was driving to the store this morning and I realized another reason why I love driving my Vette so much.

Instant lane changes.:D

Jeb said:
I was driving to the store this morning and I realized another reason why I love driving my Vette so much.

Instant lane changes.:D

It also makes merging onto the expressway very fun and easy!:D You're going to put the pedal to the metal to merge and the other cars can't do anything about it.:L

It's really great with the top down, no problem seeing other traffic.Like you say , instant lane change. If you see a hole your able to make use of it before it closes.Merging on the freeway... go on and off a few times just to do it. :D

:w

G Winter said:
Merging on the freeway... go on and off a few times just to do it. :D

:w

:L:L:L That is just a smack in the face of the slower cars. :L:L:L

Yep, Faster than a speeding bullet! :r

That comes in handy around LA these days.

Gary

High speed lane changes

Amen Brother! It is amazing how these machines just jump to the other lane at speed. Passengers sometimes don't appreciate it. I also love accelerating through the sweep of an on ramp or pulling some Gs on the clover leaf off ramp. The limited access boogie!

Great for spanking those annoying ricers too.

I'd like to have a bumpersticker that says:

'Maybe you could keep up if you trashed that stupid wing'

WaveDoggie said:
'Maybe you could keep up if you trashed that stupid wing'
Then in smaller text underneath "Naw, even then you'd lose!" :L

-Mac

Naw , no sticker will smack those annoying ricers good , ONLY a blastin' wipeout from the lights will show them what's those wings worth . If the ricer wipes you out , it means your vette isn't fast enough . But I don't care if my vette isn't fast enough ,because in the end I am still inna vette :)

yeah, I know whatcha mean , man . my friend has 725 hp supra :) But I think , if you put half the money he put inna his car ,inta your vette, you get pretty good ricer "wiper" . We talkin'
pistons , bearings , crankshaft , EMS , turbos , pumps , rails , lines , injectors ,valvebodys, friction discs ... you know, stuff like that ... 600 700 hp , and it is becoming sweet torture to cruise around . :)
But there will be no civics capable to offer any rolling by filming :)

By the way , you know of any Lingenfelter or Callaway turbo kit ,that might be available for vettes and the price ?
I looked at the Callaway engine , and I think I could even duplicate coolers , intake & exhaust manifolds .. you know , all what's simple . Questions are pistons , injectors , well components that one can't manufacture inna shed :) And do they have anything to manage all that , AEM ?

I'm also really sorry for outrageously offtopic-ing the thread . please forgive me :)
And lane changes are sweet indeed :)
And I also immensely enjoy the seating position , it's as them say - ace. And i am pretty tall

Mega Ditto's!!!
After 20 years, I finally have a car that does exactly what you tell it to do when you tell it to do it! You just better be right!

The coolest thing about my corvette to me is...IT'S A CORVETTE!! Everything else is just a wanna be or costs way more & is not that much better! :D Tom

I've found that the Vette is the perfect take-away food go-getter...

- Doesn't matter when you leave the house; you'll always arrive before the food's ready.
- You can make it through pretty much any traffic light that turns yellow.
- The passenger footwell is hot enough to keep any food warm on the trip home :)

[RICHR]

Heheh, I take a few on-ramps around here just to open her up a bit. One of the first experiences with my new car was me coming around an on-ramp onto Rt 7 at about 30mph in 3rd gear. That's about the normal speed for the ramp, I wasn't hauling around it (it's a little gravely sometimes :( ).

The merge area is about 250 feet maybe? There was an Audi A4 in the right lane not too far back from me, and he's trying to gun it past me instead of getting over a lane. Well, I put the hammer down and was doing about 85mph by the time I got to the end of the merge area. He had gotten his front bumper past my rear bumper for an instant early on, but I was quite a bit in front of him by the time I merged over.

rrubel said:
- The passenger footwell is hot enough to keep any food warm on the trip home :)

[RICHR]

and on really hot days. you can even prepare some foods...;LOL

Len:w

milehigreg said:
Amen Brother! It is amazing how these machines just jump to the other lane at speed. Passengers sometimes don't appreciate it. I also love accelerating through the sweep of an on ramp or pulling some Gs on the clover leaf off ramp. The limited access boogie!

Man, I love my Vette!

Lane changes are no sweat - and on ramps are pure driving pleasure! :D

A friend went with me to Cruisefest - it was our first roadtrip together even though we've been friends since childhood - and we had a blast! She would talk to other drivers (as though they could hear her) and say things to them like "unhuh - thought you were gonna run with us didn't you?" Or laugh at them and say "Yep, see what we can do? Now aren't you embarrassed?"

It was great having such an enthusiastic and entertaining passenger! Thanks Brenda! And Cinnamon Girl never let us down!

Corvette rocks!
JAG

Or how about having a passenger look at the Atari dash and say "Damn, my car can't do this" while he has a big :D on his face?

Instant lane changes..., true that.
And if I'm in the left lane, most drivers merge right when they can, effectively giving the Vette the respect it deserves and giving me a way to leave the pack jockeying amongst themselves.
Sure, there's the occasional bonehead in the Ford 150 (why is that?), the Dodge Ram and a pocket rocket or two that think they can hang, until they witness the crisp speed of the Vettes ability to take an opening, pass the offending slow show in front, they zoom :lou back in front and away. Invariably, the hole decreases, leaving the wannabe stuck in the middle of the pack---and angry.
:Steer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom