Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need A/C help in Florida

On the Auto Zone web site its
stemt0092-1003.jpg

Part Number:MT0092-1Weight:0.03 lbs.Warranty:3 MO Note:Fixed - Replacement blue tube for kit
clearpixel.gif
grey_line.gif
clearpixel.gif
Pricing: $1.99, I told the web site I had a 86 Ford LTD with a V8, I am sure its pretty genric for all Fords.

On the Auto Zone web site its
stemt0092-1003.jpg

Part Number:MT0092-1Weight:0.03 lbs.Warranty:3 MO Note:Fixed - Replacement blue tube for kit
clearpixel.gif
grey_line.gif
clearpixel.gif
Pricing: $1.99, I told the web site I had a 86 Ford LTD with a V8, I am sure its pretty genric for all Fords.
No,Actually it's not,You got Lucky!!:D:D:D Ford has the most different sizes of orifice tubes than any other car manufacturer!!
Chrysler Purple
GM Yellow,GM Black/White, GM White
Ford Red,Ford Brown,Ford Green,Ford Blue,Ford Orange
All have a different sized orifice!!:thumb

Well you know what they say, rather be lucky the good any day;LOL

Ok, I got my system all repaired charged up and running, it does blow cool air but I don't get much air flow seems like there is no difference in the fan switch positions the only place I get any air flow is in the high postion, is there some way to check out the fan to make sure it is acutally blowing as hard as it's supposed to?

You probably have no gaskets left at the duct connections, letting all the air to leak out under the dash area. You can order gaskets fron Dr. Rebuild or other vendors. Or, you can go to Lowes and buy gaskets material in the window repair area and make that work. It may not last as long as the correct material, but is cheaper and closer to home. This will make sure the air is coming out of the vents, now there is way to put a different blower motor from a newer car in, but it does take some fabrication work. It is supposed to put more air flow though. Dr Rebuild does have a web site to look at the gasket kits.

Thanks LVMYVT76, to be honest since I got my new 08 a week ago I have not paid to much attention to the 76 but that will change, can't ingore my favorite vette ;LOL

Okay, an update. When I originally asked for help with my ac unit, I was very frustrated, and almost (but not quite) willing to accept that the system in my 81 vette would just never get as cold as I'd remembered it getting on my last 81 (Some 15 years ago!). I've followed the instruction and advice from gmJunkie and I"ve been able to get 45 degrees out of the center vents at about 1000rpm, on Max, fan on the third setting with an ambient air temp of about 92.

Last night the wife and I went to dinner and took the vette. It was about 90 outside and humid as it usually is here in Florida. After about 20 minutes in the car, she asked me to turn down the ac!! She kept asking until I had it on Norm, and the lowest fan setting!!! I was comfortable too, gotta tell ya, I consider that very good indicator that the ac unit is working really well now!

Thanks Junkie and the rest of you guys who have been working through thread. I did end up flushing my system and replacing the acumulator/dryer and had to set the pressure switch to the right pressure, but wow what a difference from having other shops work on the system.

Thanks again!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom