Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need advice on buying a C4

L

lonegunman

As some of you know from my last post, I am in the market for a C4. I appreciate all the kind advice that was given to me on my last post. I am going in the morning to look at a 88 coupe with 88,000 miles, auto transmission, glass top, with gray cloth interior. The asking price is $9,000.00. I believe I can get it some cheaper. The only drawback, actually two, is I will not be dealing with the owner. He has left it in the care of a female friend. She doesn't seem too knowledgeable on autos. Also, I will be in a town 80 miles from home so there are none of my mechanic buddies around to look over it with me. I am pretty mechanically inclined myself. Please give me some tips on what to look for. I am going to run a car fax report on it later tonight. If anyone is interested Car fax is a good deal. I checked out an 86 today that was supposed to have 81,000 miles on it. Car Fax said it was sold in 96 with 120,000 miles showing. Glad I invested the time and money for the report. As always, you guys input is very appreciated.

lonegunman,

Wish I could be there to help you take a look at it. If you haven't already seen this, take a look at http://corvetteactioncenter.com/tech/buying.html

There is a handy checklist there that you can print out and take with you. It will help remind you to check various things. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Ok just ran a Car Fax on the VIN it came back clean. The 88 was sold new in FL. It is now in Mobile,Al Northing bad showed up,it has changed hands a few times. So I am headed to Mobile in the morning to look it over. Will let you know how it goes.

Yes... check it out

Let us be the badguys........ and put your purchase in perspective.

Vig!

hey ya know, my 87 is for sale!! :gap
Email me if you want more info
dre2013@aol.com, or just check my sig.
Thanks,
James

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom