Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need Advise before I Disassemble Dash

Greg Gore

Corvette
96 Coupe-white, LT-1; 04 Convertible-triple black
At the top of the Driver Info Center in my 96 coupe there is a plastic strip that says "fuel monitor". Do the words fuel monitor light up along with the button functions below it when the headlights are on? It would really be appreciated if someone knows or could find out and advise me before I take the instrument panel apart to check it.

Thanks in advance,
Greg

Oops, Mistake!! I should have said "Trip Monitor"!!

Greg Gore said:
At the top of the Driver Info Center in my 96 coupe there is a plastic strip that says "trip monitor". Do the words trip monitor light up along with the button functions below it when the headlights are on? It would really be appreciated if someone knows or could find out and advise me before I take the instrument panel apart to check it.

Thanks in advance,
Greg

Sorry for the mix-up!!

Not sure I remember any fuel monitor display in my 95. Will have to take a look at it to see what you are talking aobut.

- Leon

My "Trip Monitor" lettering does not light up when the lights are on in the car. There is a small circular window next to the words on the left that I've never seen light up. Not sure what that is for. Seems the section of buttons underneath it are called trip monitor controls so it appears to be a label only. The buttons light up but not the trip monitor label. No mention of the window in the owner's manual.

- Leon

Thanks for checking the DIC on your car Leon. You have saved me from taking the dash apart to see if that particular part of it was supposed to light up. I think the small round window you mentioned might be a photocell to detect day from night for adjusting the level of instrument panel lighting.

Best regards,
Greg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom