Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

need help with lumbar

gkurtz

Corvette
92 Bright Red Convertable
I removed my lumbar pump hoping to find a ruptured diaphram. The diaphram looked fine but I replaced it anyway. The pump gets good pressure on the bench but is not inflating the bladders. I do see the back lumbar slightly inflating and can hear a little air escape when pushing the deflation button. Any Idea's would be appreciated.

If your pump is working properly, and the bladders are only slightly inflating, then there must be a ruptured bladder that won't hold pressure. The only solution is to remove the seat back from the upholstery. The GM manual describes the removal of the seat back for access to the bladders. http://www.madvet.com/shop?frame=3.6084

6speeder said:
If your pump is working properly, and the bladders are only slightly inflating, then there must be a ruptured bladder that won't hold pressure. The only solution is to remove the seat back from the upholstery. The GM manual describes the removal of the seat back for access to the bladders. http://www.madvet.com/shop?frame=3.6084
I do not yet have the factory manuals. Do you or some else have the instructions? Thank you:confused

I will take some photos of the pages and email them to you. Due to the small print, and limited space in which the explosion diagrams are pictured, it may be difficult to decipher the procedure. Removing the seat from the seat-back entails sliding your hand between the two, and feeling for four clips that secure the two units together. The pics will be sent within an hour.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom