Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

need some info

The NCM Experience

I know I'm in the minority here, but $350.00 to tour an auto plant! I'd rather tour the Budweiser plant for free. I know we all love our vettes, but please. 350 BUCKS!! Please help me to see what I don't understand here.

As in the link above, supplied by XLR8, benefits of the program include:

Wash and wax
Display in the Museum for members and visitors to see & admire
VIP Plant Tour
VIP Museum Tour
One year membership to Museum, with many attendant privileges
Commemorative plaque
Silver decal
Official photo of owner with car in front of Museum
Thorough explanation of all equipment on vehicle (if current generation)

You or I might spend our money differently, but this is a first class opportunity for the Vette owner wanting the special experience he didn't get by buying pre-owned!

You are right, though, that's there's no free beer at the end of the tour.

Vip Tour

This is a Museum Tour and has to go through the Museum. You can sign up on their web page. You will need your order # , I waited 9 months for a date and Gary of the Museum had me fill out the form and My Z06 was built 4 weeks later. What this tells GM is you are a customer waiting for your car. I was informed that this puts you at the top of the build list.Worked for me. Two weeks later I picked up my car in the Museum, and drove that bad boy home. :)

TPW of March 19th! :upthumbs

Visited the BG assy plant and Museum yesterday. Signed up for the 11:30 tour and found out my Ron Fellows white Z06 completed assembly earlier that day.
My fault......should have registered for the morning tour.

Museum delivery is scheduled for April 10th! :beer

Zippy :) :)

The VIP Burers tour takes you with your car through the build process. It took me about 6 hours. I signed the drive tube, started it up for the first time and helped put the right fender on and then sat in it while the computers were programed. The cost to the Museum is $490.00, you sign up in the museum webpage. This cost is over the museum delivery that is ordered with car. I
would do it all again, 1FASVET

The VIP Burers tour takes you with your car through the build process. It took me about 6 hours. I signed the drive tube, started it up for the first time and helped put the right fender on and then sat in it while the computers were programed. The cost to the Museum is $490.00, you sign up in the museum webpage. This cost is over the museum delivery that is ordered with car. I
would do it all again, 1FASVET

As I've said before, the people at the Museum are top notch! Ever since my visit to the Museum a couple months ago, I have been blogging about that place at Corvette Blog dot com.

I guess I should do a story on Museum Delivery, too! :cool

I did the NCM Experience two years ago. I have to say, it was top notch. Our tour guide spent an amazing amount of time with both the plant and the museum tour, including the back rooms of the museum that the general public doesn't get access to.

02222ir7.jpg

We got there around 7:30 AM and were greeted at the door. Handed the keys to the vette to a museum employee and he took it around back to be pampered. When you walk inside the museum, you'll see your name on a screen above the front entrance.

01212iw6.jpg

Then you're treated to a movie and about the time it's done, your guide picks you up and takes you to the assembly plant for a tour.

021210002iy1.jpg

The tour lasted an hour and a half or two hours. We were there just as the new Z06 was beginning to be built and was still a mystery. We managed to see a few and the new engine (it was a big deal then). As you pull into the entrance to the plant, you'll see an amazing mural that was painted by the employees and if you ask your guide nicely, you might be lucky enough to drive your car back over to the plant later in the day for a pic.

017170002sq5.jpg

After the plant tour, you are driven back to the museum. By now, your car has been washed and shined up and on display for all to see, just like the new delivery. Just seeing my car sitting there roped off and special was worth the money.

01010bj2.jpg

Our guide gave us another almost two hour tour of the museum going over every detail and little tidbits of info and we learned a whole lot about Corvettes and Corvette history that we never knew. When the tour is done, your guide takes you into a small room and you go over some paperwork, and are given the opportunity to purchase special clothing made just for people who do the "Experience", they put a special decal on the inside of your driver's side door, and you get a very nice plaque with your name on it and the date of your Experience.
Then they drive your car outside and your guide takes a picture of you and your car in front of the museum and you're free to go.

All in all, we had a great time, a great experience and we're very glad we did it. I'd reccommend it to everyone.

I know I'm in the minority here, but $350.00 to tour an auto plant! I'd rather tour the Budweiser plant for free. I know we all love our vettes, but please. 350 BUCKS!! Please help me to see what I don't understand here.

At tour of the plant that makes the best bang for the buck car on the planet vs the plant that makes "St. Louis Swill" . I do not see why you are confused!!!!:D:D:DThere are much better beer tours available!!!

RWW

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom