Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need to change cam?

David Hawkins

Corvette
1962 Ermine White Hardtop
I'm in the process of undoing some of the 'hot-rodding' that was done to my car. It came to me with a 780cfm Holley, Edlebrock intake, high lift cam and solid lifters. I've found a date correct Carter 3269S AFB (freakin' expensive carb!) and cast iron manifold (trying to bring the car to 300HP specs, at least for appearances sake).

If I swap out my current Edelbrock and Holley to this, do I have to worry about the AFB not supplying enough fuel for the high lift cam? Eventually I'd like to go with hydraulic lifters and get a proper 300HP cam to go with them, but my primary goal right now is getting that fuel monster out of the car and going with something that drinks a little less and will give me some better every day drivability.

Corvette
'67 Marina Blue Convertible
The AFB and matching intake should work fine until you do the cam change; the 780 is WAY over-carbureted. :)

David Hawkins

Corvette
1962 Ermine White Hardtop
Thanks John (Again!).

Anyone got a good picture...or 2 or 3...of the 300HP manifold/carb set up properly? I'm going to have to get choke tubes, new fuel lines from the pump to the carb, etc. I'd like to do it properly.

EDIT - never mind. I didn't turn enough pages in Adams' book!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom