Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Need your opinion!

Fully retired from teaching....not from working..... Retired from teaching 7 years ago, but my cabinetry business still keeps me busy. Rosie retired April 2020, perfect timing to get out of public health, just as C19 was hitting..

Stay safe.

Paul, several factors played into my decision.
1. I went with the Michelins for a couple reasons
a. I had the earlier versions of this tire on my C5 and liked them.
b. I wanted an "all Season" tire, and these Michelins were highly rated. Many of the RFs for Corvette
available are summer performance tires. I had Firestone RFs on, but driving them up to the untains in
the fall got a bit sketchy a few times
2. My local tire place said they couldn't get the rear tires I wanted, so, I ordered them from TireRack (they
were delivered in 3 days) and then had my local place mount and balance them for me.

I will say, that these new tires ride way better, are more quiet and make me feel more confident than the old Firestones. If you have an other questions, just let me know.
But you are comparing 11 year old tires to new rubber. Apples and oranges. If you could go back in time to when the Firestones were new you might compare the performance differently. Almost every new set of tires I buy have improved performance over the old ones, even when I go with less expensive rubber.

Good point!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom