Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Neoprene seat covers from MAMW!!!!

vee93

Corvette
1993 Medium Quasar Blue Metallic Coupe
Soooo......., I take the plunge and just 'buy outright', a set of Iggee's 2-tone seat covers off of EBay---the "leather-like" jobs for $160. They look real good sitting here on my sofa as I continue to wait to get my Vette back from the body shop. Even had a local embroiderer here add the 40th logo to the headrest part of the covers. So, I'm feeling pretty satisfied with myself--just trying to keep from snatching myself bald whilst I wait for the return of my Vette.
***********AND WHATTYA KNOW!?!!!!*************
I get an email from MidAmerica Motorworks and there they are--2-tone neoprene seat covers for $229.99!!!!! I have always liked the look of those covers on my friend's C5s, but no one made them for us C4 owners---until now.
*sigh*
Guess I'm taking another plunge. Anybody ordered them yet? If so, you like 'em? Could ya, would ya pleeeeeeeeease post some images? Thanky! :w

Aaaargh, don't tell me this. I also have the Iggee seat covers. So far, it's been about 4 months and still looking good. But, I would have preferred the neoprene. Well, christmas is right around the corner. The only problem now is figuring out how to tell the spousal unit I need new seat covers already.:hb

I don't even have my Vette back yet and already I'm thinking an EBay sale might be in order here!....

seat covers

dose mid-am have those seat covers for early C4's now, i have looked in their catlog and only see those neprene seats covers for C5's. i'll have to check ther web site then??

wish they came in black with dark gray in the middle. anyone have these, do they fit really nice? they do look the best to me as far as seat covers go. either that or racing seats off eBay???

tigmaned said:
dose mid-am have those seat covers for early C4's now, i have looked in their catlog and only see those neprene seats covers for C5's. i'll have to check ther web site then??

Go to the Mid America Motorworks website and check out the online catalogue. The '84-'96 neoprene seatcovers are a JUST IN/NEW item!!! Price:$229.99

They do!!!!
Here's MAMW's sales pitch: ["Our Neoprene Seat Covers, made from the same material used in divers' wetsuits, slip on and off in minutes, perfect for whenever you want extra protection for your C4 seats. And they look great. Made with an extra 1/2" of padding for maximum comfort and long life. These seats can withstand more than 300 hours of constant UV exposure without fading or deteriorating. Available in black, red, or yellow. *Please specify year and color.* Sold as a set of 2 covers."]
The covers are for sport or standard seats, with or w/out the C4 logo.

but you know corvette lady web site sells the real covers for seats for just a little more then that. unless you want these to protect your real seat covers from the sun and other things.

vee93 said:
They do!!!!
These seats can withstand more than 300 hours of constant UV exposure without fading or deteriorating. .

What happens after 300 hours. They fade and die?

They self distruct just like the tapes on Mission Impossible.;LOL;LOL

Glenn
:w

87blackroxi said:
What happens after 300 hours. They fade and die?
Hey, how would I know?! That's MAMW's sales pitch and claim, not mine! ;LOL ;LOL ;LOL

vee93 said:
Hey, how would I know?! That's MAMW's sales pitch and claim, not mine! ;LOL ;LOL ;LOL

I think G Winter is right, they will self-destruct!:L

tigmaned said:
but you know corvette lady web site sells the real covers for seats for just a little more then that. unless you want these to protect your real seat covers from the sun and other things.

I didnt see any mention of seat covers on their site. How much are they?

Does anyone have fairly detailed dimensions of a C4 seat? I'm trying to save myself some time measuring.

I have a source that wants to quote me on seat covers.

i ment the actual seat skins, for i think $240. but down side you have to pay someone to put them on your foam back and bottom cushions. seat covers any one can do, so depends on what you want? i am in the same boat, i am even thinking some racing seats off eBay?? just need to find some skinny enough to fit???

Now much to my dismay, I've discovered these neoprene jobs only come in black, red and yellow!?!!! See, I don't get that. If you're gonna make 'em, make 'em in every color to match the Vette.

vee93 said:
Now much to my dismay, I've discovered these neoprene jobs only come in black, red and yellow!?!!! See, I don't get that. If you're gonna make 'em, make 'em in every color to match the Vette.

Check out the Wet Okole website -- they seem to have many more colors and styles. I saw a nice blue/tan combo in their image gallery for example..........

I have the Wet Okole covers, in a black w/grey 2 tone. Have had them about 6 months and they are super. Still look as good as when tey came from the box fit great...they do make them very well for the C4

tdonlin said:
Aaaargh, don't tell me this. I also have the Iggee seat covers. So far, it's been about 4 months and still looking good. But, I would have preferred the neoprene. Well, christmas is right around the corner. The only problem now is figuring out how to tell the spousal unit I need new seat covers already.:hb

Hey tdonlin!!!
Did you take your seats outta your Vette for installing your Iggee seat covers?!! I got the top halves on with just a bit of a struggle, but the bottom ones look like crap! And for the life of me I can't figure out where to use those hook thingies with the straps.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom