Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New 2006 Updates

D

damocksta

Any updates on the changes for the 2006 Corvette compared to the 2005? Anyone sure about the color options for 2006? I am aware of the proposed changes to the steering wheel and the relocation of the XM antenna to one of the side mirrors, but have not heard about any other changes.

damocksta said:
Any updates on the changes for the 2006 Corvette compared to the 2005? Anyone sure about the color options for 2006? I am aware of the proposed changes to the steering wheel and the relocation of the XM antenna to one of the side mirrors, but have not heard about any other changes.
Exactly what are the proposed changes to the steering wheel?
May not look to sporty but I'm thinking a discreet set of radio controls and an extra 12v power plug located in the back deck area would be a welcome creature comfort improvement.

timetovette said:
Exactly what are the proposed changes to the steering wheel?
May not look to sporty but I'm thinking a discreet set of radio controls and an extra 12v power plug located in the back deck area would be a welcome creature comfort improvement.
I believe that the steering wheel for 2006 will be redesigned to that which you see in the 2006 Z06.

The big change is the 6 speed auto tranny with paddle shifters on the steering wheel. The wheel is a three-spoke design, basically a T-shaped spoke configuration. Most other changes are minor - relocation of the XM antenna, two new colors and deletion of two, possibly a small price increase

donsar said:
The big change is the 6 speed auto tranny with paddle shifters on the steering wheel. The wheel is a three-spoke design, basically a T-shaped spoke configuration. Most other changes are minor - relocation of the XM antenna, two new colors and deletion of two, possibly a small price increase

DONSAR,
Is the steering wheel 3 spoke with the manual gearbox as well?

From what I have seen on other forums, the wheel is the same as the Z06 and will also be on the manual tranny as well as the auto.

Most other changes are minor - relocation of the XM antenna, two new colors and deletion of two, possibly a small price increase

Any idea on what two new colors will be offered?

The new colors are a yellow similar to the present one, but slightly different and Monterey Red which replaces Magnetic Red. It's a bit darker something like the 50th anniversary red. Looks good to me and in fact that;'s what my order is which will be placed on July 28th, the first date when orders for 06 can be placed by dealers

I have noticed that the Heads Up Display is standard on the 2006 Z06 does anyone know if it is also standard equipment on all 2006 models?
G

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom