Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New 2007 Color

The only things missing off the first picture was a rebel flag and a big 01 painted on the side.

OK, I'm confused...

Both the following pictures are stated as atomic orange, I know I'm blind, but I see two very different shades. Which is correct?

t6e1lk.jpg

ao1.jpg

PS: I'm a Nubie to CAC and I'm thinking about ordering an '07. I like the color in the bottom picture alot, but I'm not so fond of the "Here comes the Judge" color in the top picture.

Hecox

Jhecox,
Welcome aboard.
The 2nd photo is the real one.

I'm hoping to see that color in person at CruiseFest in a week and a half. I bet they're cranking them off the assembly line right about now.

Tammy

I'm considering selling my Lingenfelter car and getting an 06 or 07 Convertible. Has anyone heard any scuttlebutt regarding performance changes from 06 to 07?

Thanks Tammy,

6-Shooter got me hooked up with Mike Carr. Now all I have to do is sell my HHR and place my order. I can't wait!

BTW... this will be the "wife's" car. LOL

The Drakester said:
I'm considering selling my Lingenfelter car and getting an 06 or 07 Convertible. Has anyone heard any scuttlebutt regarding performance changes from 06 to 07?
I haven't....But I bet your LPE car will still be faster!

True dat. But you know - sometimes you just get an itch....

I think it was a serious mistake to discontinue DSOM. I know only 8% of the 05's were that color, but it picked up in popularity this year.

Actually it didn't. In 2006 it dropped to only 5.1% of production. I love DSOM as well, but GM generally drops a color on the Corvette if it gets to only about 5% of production. White has been hovering around this point for a while now but I don't think they'll ever drop the four "standard" colors (white, black, red, silver)

My husband and I just came back from Bowling Green and saw several Atomic Orange Vettes being produced. The Atomic Orange is very similar to the Daytona Sunset...little lighter. I love it!!

Elaine

Tasteless colors

I would have to go in this order for myself,

1. Yellow
2. Red
3. Orange
4. Blue
5. Silver
6. White
7. Black

Since I am USA retired, green is not an option ;) :L

I think diversity is great. Henry Ford reportedly said "You can have your Ford any color you want, as long as you want black", or something to that effect. I like the different colors, and I like the fact that different people have differnt preferences. But I would disagree with yours rather dramatically:
1) and 2) Monterey Red or Lemans Blue
3) and 4) Black and Silver
5) DSOM (Not sure about AO)
6) Yellow
7) Victory Red
8) White

In other words, you have terrible taste, but I will defend to the end your right to be tasteless. (Just kidding!)
Gersh

Originally Posted by GS Diva
Atomic Orange reminds me of 1975's Flame Orange, which isn't bad, but to eliminate DSOM is crazy!! That has been one of the most exciting Corvette colors in years!! Too bad.

Elaine

Actually, my original comment was when I had only seen pictures of Atomic Orange. The real Atomic Orange isn't like Flame Orange...it's very close to the discontinued Daytona Sunset Orange.

Elaine

P.S. I still like the '75 orange!!!;)

I saw a C6 Corvette this color up close and it does look very nice. The lines of the car with this color complement one another and I for one like it...:upthumbs

I just showed a picture of the color to my wife, who absolutely hates orange. She asked what color the mopars of the '70's were, and I said this was similar, (and like Hugger Orange) which is why I LOVE this color, and she said "those cars were supposed to be that color," this one isn't.

Well, I sure as hell can't figure em' (women) out, and I stopped trying 30 years or so ago.

If I ever sell mine, and I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford an '07, I'll make sure it's one of these!;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom