Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New '59 Radio Shack Zip Zap remote control car

MinnesotaPaul

Corvette
'59 Roman Red #920
I got an email last summer from Radio Shack. They were planning to release a '59 Corvette Zip Zap car and needed a photo. They saw my car on my web site and asked to use the photo.

Of course, I said yes, and the car is now out. Here's the photo they used for both the packaging and the trading card. [They also copied my "1959" plate on the front.]

This would make a great Christmas gift....

Corvette1.jpg

Merry Christmas all.

Congratulations on being chosen. :w
By the way you both have beautiful looking 59 Corvettes.

now that is cool!:thumb

Now that is really cool! Even has red wheels just like mine.:thumb both yours and Pauls vettes look very cool I hope my one turns out as cool I'm just restoring one and was wondering if they should have red wheels like your two or black like Noland Adams corvette restoration guide vol.1 book says. I am confused. Looks like you have just restored yours so your advice would be good, All the best Lou:thumb and have a good x/mas
Corvette59Hardtop.jpg
love your colour red what is it, I have chosen something similar for my 59

That's cool to have your car immortalized. How many of those are you giving away for Christmas?

Tom

1959 Corvette

love your colour red what is it, I have chosen something similar for my 59

Lou...

I believe the wheels for 1959 Corvettes came painted black from the factory. I like the red wheels better.

The paint on my '59 is Dupont 1963 Corvette red, base coat clear coat. It is a little more "red" than original.

How about a pic of your '59?

Pat

Hi Pat thanks for that I will send you a pic of my car but at this stage it is nor ready but if you look at the 59 fender repair thread I have a pic there
All the best Lou

Lou...

I believe the wheels for 1959 Corvettes came painted black from the factory. I like the red wheels better.

The paint on my '59 is Dupont 1963 Corvette red, base coat clear coat. It is a little more "red" than original.

How about a pic of your '59?

Pat

Beautiful car. I thought 63 Riverside Red was the same as 59 Roman Red?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom