Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Body-Colored Vents are now Optional on the 2017 Corvette

What do you think of the new body-colored vents offered for the 2017 Corvette?

• Love them!

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Hate them!

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • They're ok

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
When the C7 Corvette debuted in Detroit in January of 2013, the car received a lot of criticism for being "too busy" with all of the contrasting black colored vents on the car.

If you're a member of that camp, this should make you warm up a little more to the 2017 C7 Corvette's ground-breaking design.

Chevrolet is now offering body colored vents as an option for your C7 Corvette Stingray. These vents include the air extractor in the hood, side vents, transmission and rear-differential vents on top of the rear quarters and at the top of the rear bumper.

It will be interesting to see how many new owners opt for these body colored vents. Based upon the feedback we've received here at the Corvette Action Center, a lot of people like the black colored vents as they feel it's a nice contrast to the body color and offers more interesting detail than in previous generations of the marque.

Either way, the Corvette Marketing team is making it easier than ever for prospective owners to completely customize their new Corvette. Tell us what you think

Attachments

• 2017-corvette-body-colored-vents-1.jpg
    2017-corvette-body-colored-vents-1.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 162
  • 2017-corvette-body-colored-vents-2.jpg
    2017-corvette-body-colored-vents-2.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 162
  • 2017-corvette-body-colored-vents-3.jpg
    2017-corvette-body-colored-vents-3.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 166
  • 2017-corvette-body-colored-vents-4.jpg
    2017-corvette-body-colored-vents-4.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 162
  • 2017-corvette-body-colored-vents-5.jpg
    2017-corvette-body-colored-vents-5.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 163
  • 2017-corvette-body-colored-vents-6.jpg
    2017-corvette-body-colored-vents-6.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 177
  • 2017-corvette-body-colored-vents-7.jpg
    2017-corvette-body-colored-vents-7.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 169
Body colored vents

When the C7 Corvette debuted in Detroit in January of 2013, the car received a lot of criticism for being "too busy" with all of the contrasting black colored vents on the car.

If you're a member of that camp, this should make you warm up a little more to the 2017 C7 Corvette's ground-breaking design.

Chevrolet is now offering body colored vents as an option for your C7 Corvette Stingray. These vents include the air extractor in the hood, side vents, transmission and rear-differential vents on top of the rear quarters and at the top of the rear bumper.

It will be interesting to see how many new owners opt for these body colored vents. Based upon the feedback we've received here at the Corvette Action Center, a lot of people like the black colored vents as they feel it's a nice contrast to the body color and offers more interesting detail than in previous generations of the marque.

Either way, the Corvette Marketing team is making it easier than ever for prospective owners to completely customize their new Corvette. Tell us what you think

Body colored vents were offered on the 2016 C7models. For $1000.00. Wow paint whole car was $1000.00 for '16s. Black has no problem with that. Good ole GM looking after its customers!!

corvette addict

I'm thinking that maybe GM could just place all the vents in the trunk/hatch of each new C7 and let the new owner decide which ones he wants painted black or body color or whatever and let the dealer decide how much to charge for painting them.

Maybe I want the hood vent black or red and the rear vents body color. The side vents silver and the top fender vents in carbon fiber.

I like the monochrome look, but leave it to the General to charge extra for nothing. Who do they think they are - Porsche? No wonder sales are in the tank. GM should be looking for ways to encourage would-be buyers, not piss them off.

Last edited:
What's another $1000

I like the monochrome look, but leave it to the General to charge extra for nothing. Who do they think they are - Porsche? No wonder sales are in the tank. GM should be looking for ways to encourage would-be buyers, not piss them off.

Exactly right. Has GM EVER done anything for the Corvette owner except charge them more money? Only if the warranty calls for it. I have had 7 of these things and obvious I like them but GM never misses an opportunity to stick it Corvette owners. I got an e-mail today telling me it was time to update my maps in the Nav. system for 159.95 or 139.95. I don't think the infrastructure has been THAT improved in the last 2 years.

Who else but Corvette would raise the entrance fee to the museum just to show them a hole in the ground?

corvette addict

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom