Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New C4 site just started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norsky4360

Corvette
'70 convert ("The Toy"), '90 ZR-1 ("The Beast")
I signed up.

Just registered also.

Ron
"Baldie88"

I am good to go, also! Thanks for the heads-up!!! :upthumbs

PLEASE SAVE THE GOSH DARN :w!

I signed up, but I was a little suspicious about all the information they want from you just to register.

I signed up, but I was a little suspicious about all the information they want from you just to register.

And that's where I stopped with registering. I've never seen a board ask for information like that as mandatory fields.

Just signed up today. Thanks for the link.
Barrett

And that's where I stopped with registering. I've never seen a board ask for information like that as mandatory fields.
This was posted on the site and sent out to all registered C4VR members today:

There has been some concern about the information requested of you to sign up for a membership with C4 Vette Registry.

Please know that your information is not used by anyone outside C4VR! It will never be rented, sold or otherwise given to a third party. (see our Privacy Policy)

The reason I ask for such information is so that if some day if I start sending out a printed newsletter or other C4VR swag, I want to be sure that I have accurate contact info for you.

I HATE when my info is distributed, so I won't be doing that to any of you. I've been running C3VR for over 7 years and folks there will tell you I have never done anything with their info that they didn't approve of. I will continue that here.

Also, you have Privacy Switches on both your Profile and your C4 Registration that allow you to hide certain details from other members of the site.

Your street address, last name and phone numbers are NEVER shown anywhere on the site. They are for administrative use only.

So, please rest assured, your info is safe.

If you have any questions about this policy, do not hesitate to ask.

I'm one of the moderators and site admins on C3VR. The member information is secure and the few former members who have tested the Memebership Agreement by being disrespectful to other members have been promptly banned from the site. Adam, and the membership as a whole, does not tolerate bashing/flaming/spamming of any kind. Plain and simple as that.

I'm one of the moderators and site admins on C3VR. The member information is secure and the few former members who have tested the Memebership Agreement by being disrespectful to other members have been promptly banned from the site. Adam, and the membership as a whole, does not tolerate bashing/flaming/spamming of any kind. Plain and simple as that.

Interesting. And what are your website rules regarding folks who seldom participate starting threads to announce other sites in which they have a vested interest and encourage members to visit them?

I'm curious if that falls within the definition of spam.

Out of respect for others and in the interest of privacy and security, I would not solicit personal information from those registering just because I may one day want to send them a letter. Or some ... swag, is it?

But that's just me.

Jane Ann

BTW...

Norsky4360 said:
.....Found a new site that has started up for just C4s

You just found this site and they already made you a Mod and Admin? WOW.

Let me just say this Norsky: I don't appreciate someone who is directly connected to a site, coming here and trolling for members for that site.

Take it for what it's worth. ;squint:

I can't see where Norsky is "directly connected to", OR "has a vested interest in" the C4 Registry site...looks like he was just putting it out there that the site was new....just my observation.

For the record, I didn't mean to start any kind of fights here with my statement about personal information. Norsky, I am sure that you mean what you say about privacy, that you're a good guy and all that. Understand, though, I am a bit paranoid about giving out too much on the net and a little paranoia is a good thing I think. I hope you understand that some folks such as myself are leery about putting all that out there. I would submit to you that seeing as all who register at your site will have an e-mail address, couldn't you just send out any future news letter via e-mail instead of snail mail? That way, you would not need all that contact info, people with netnoia would feel more comfortable with coming to the forum and you would save any future mailing costs. Just a thought.

Hey folks and Rob.

I hope you don't mind me chiming in on this thread.

I saw a lot of referrals coming from CAC and found this thread is were they are coming from.

First, I'm sorry if anyone here is pissed about Norsky's post. I can't speak for him, but I'd have to bet that since he is a C4 owner he was just excited about the new site and wanted to spread the word to fellow C4 owners. If that broke a CAC rule, then I'm sure he'd have no issue with this thread being deleted.

Second, to clear things up, Norsky is a site admin on C3VR but not on C4VR, so he has no vested intersted in C4VR.

Thirdly, I fully understand what it takes to run a site, as Rob and I have discuessed in the past, so I certainly would not ever be looking to steal members from his site. In fact, I think that CAC is one of the best Corvette sites out there. I'm even a supporting member. It has a great weath of information and I reference it often. I also send people here if they are looking for info that I know can be found here.

Also, for the record, I have no problems with other sites being mentioned on any of my sites. It is no secret that there are multiple Corvette related sites to choose from and people are going wind up visiting whatever sites they find and that are useful or enjoyable for them. So I'm not going to try to stop people from knowing there are other sites out there. They'll find them eventually one way or another.

Finally, to clear up the issue about personal info, if people are that concerned about not giving out their personal info, they can always fill in the required fields with bogus info, like 123 Fake St and 215-555-1212, etc. I won't deny someone an account for doing that. And as mentioned above, ALL info is secure and in full control by the member and will NEVER ever be relased to a third party.

Thank you for letting me enter my thoughts on this thread. Again, I hope I'm not violating any rules.

How do you think I found out about this site? It was mentioned on corvette forum, and I haven't been back to CF since I found this one and a few others I'm scared to mention:eek:hnoes

I signed up over there but there is no action over they anyway, everyone must be afraid to make the first thread.

NORSKY.............. I dont think it is appropriate to come here to CAC and solicit members.:mad
If you had done this at some other Corvette forum, they would have deleted your thread.
If you were the CAC people, how would you feel?

I didnt bother to register. But, hasnt there been a C4 registry around for about 10 years? Maybe its a slightly different name but I remember the other registry asking for VIN numbers and color combos, etc. All the necessary info to clone a car from a stolen one!:eek:hnoes

Interesting. And what are your website rules regarding folks who seldom participate starting threads to announce other sites in which they have a vested interest and encourage members to visit them?

I'm curious if that falls within the definition of spam.

Out of respect for others and in the interest of privacy and security, I would not solicit personal information from those registering just because I may one day want to send them a letter. Or some ... swag, is it?

But that's just me.

Jane Ann

BTW...

You just found this site and they already made you a Mod and Admin? WOW.

Variety is the spice of life and answers to questions often come from different places. I regularily check several Corvette boards as well as a couple of Firebird boards to keep current on my cars.

I was simply sharing another source of information for the C4 generation of cars, that is all. I have no vested interest in the site other than to hope it becomes another useful resource for C4 owners. Adam does not discourage the exchange of useful information on any of his forums and that includes references to other web-sites.

And btw - I am a C4 owner and only a member of the C4VR site. I am a moderator and site admin on the C3VR site.

Let me just say this Norsky: I don't appreciate someone who is directly connected to a site, coming here and trolling for members for that site.

Take it for what it's worth. ;squint:

As I mentioned above I am only a member of the site. And I am sorry if it is interpretted that I am "trolling for members". That was not my intention. As I also mentioned above I was only acknowledging the existence of another source of information for the C4 community.

I have received good and valuable information on issues I have had with all of my cars on the various boards I frequent. If I limited my research to just one source I know I would have missed getting the right answer on several occasions.

And while the folks at the ZR-1NetRegistry have been very helpful to me on issues with my ZR-1, they have taken the very narrow sighted stance that a minute spent on another site is a minute not spent on their site. I hope that is not the case here at CAC.

NORSKY.............. I dont think it is appropriate to come here to CAC and solicit members.:mad
If you had done this at some other Corvette forum, they would have deleted your thread.
If you were the CAC people, how would you feel?

As I mentioned above I am not trying to solicit members. Just sharing the fact that another resource of information has become available for C4 owners.

Let me ask this, if a new book about Corvettes appeared at the library or bookstore or a new magazine about Corvettes appeared on the rack at the supermarket or newstand would you look at it? I know I would, and I'd hope that you would also.

We all love our Corvettes and are constantly looking for more information about them. I know there are lots of sites out there that most of us don't even know about, yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom