Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New C6 Pixs not a Photo Chop

break

i don't know that was a nice break maybe someone will post a comment about the gremlin lol

Sorry but I need to return to Corvair for just a moment.

I always loved the second gen turbocharged Corsa. 180 HP redlined at 6500 RPM. Nice car.

I agree, the 'stang killed the 'vair. On the upside, it birthed the Camaro resulting in a lot of fun for me before I could make the $$ vette plunge.

tyrel said:
Okay, I saw those pics over at the other corvette forum, and I was amazed that all those guys were slobbering over themselves about how much they liked "the new C6".

First of all, I'm highly skeptical that GM would even allow these pictures to be here in the first place. One call from a lawyer and the site hosting those pics would be down before you can say Jack Sprat.

Absolutely true, but apparently GM is ready for this level of exposure. If you look carefully at the front of the "carrier table" for that car, you will see it is labeled "GMX 245" - the inhouse code name for C6 development.

Secondly, nothing is carved in stone. Until the C6 is revealed in January, it's all speculation. The pictures in question could be a mule or a design prototype ...

It is very unlikely that either of those would ever leave GM property on a table such as this. Given the date of the pics, July, there was just not much time for them to change very much. The C6 is, after all, going through early production assemblies right now.

... or a modified C5...

No it is definately NOT a C5. The angle of the B pillar and a half dozen other cues tells us that. If you have truely been following the C6 development you would know this. A little skepticism is healthy, however, this level is tantamount to burrying one's head in the sand.

BTW, there are plenty of us here at CAC that are "drooling all over" these pics too.

Sorrreeee... one more small thing about the wonderful Corvair. I owned two second generation Corvairs. One had a four speed and very nice running engine. They were wonderful state of the art cars in the mid 60's. We also built a Crown Converstion 68 Corvair with a 302 Z-28 engine and the 4 speed flipped. If you see one of those...don't mess with it LOL.

A Corvair with a 302. WOW

That must have been a blast!

Chuck

actually i kind of like the 1965-69 corvair corsa rag top with the supercharger. Its is kind of nice. the 60-63 though was a bit ugly!

atmmac said:
actually i kind of like the 1965-69 corvair corsa rag top with the supercharger. Its is kind of nice. the 60-63 though was a bit ugly!

If you are referring to the 65-68? Corsa option you mean Turbocharged. Chevy never offered a SC on the corvair. They dropped the Corsa in '67 or '68 not sure. They were trying to let the 'vair die naturally - yes that's a pun.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom