Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Cat-back Installed....

Parrothead

Corvette
Quazar Blue 92
I had my new Corsa Power Pulse installed, can you say amaaaazzzzing. I think the tips are incredible looking and the sound is awsome. I can actually use a Bluetooth headset while driving and I hear road noise now instead of resonance. Also I can have a conversation without having to raise my voice. It really is so much better inside than I imagined possible. At WOT OMG what a sound. :_rock I looked at many differant systems and always came back to Corsa so I went ahead and paid the money, it is exspensive though. To me it was worth every penny.

Thanks to all the people on here who posted exhaust info. It helped a great deal in making a choice.......

Hey congrats on your Corsa's!! Have them on my 91, and love the looks and the sound. Enjoy:D P.S- have the same color on my vette. Doug

I agree. Had CORSA on my 92 and it worked as you describe. Great system. And, my car gained 22 RWHP from stock exhaust to CORSA.

Doug,
Where is Olalla, I am currently in Lakewood and am moving this week (maybe) to Clarkston over in Eastern WA. Not many of us with Quazar Blue around. I love it, get many complements on the color and those exhausts tip look really good with the blue

Tuna,
Was that with any other mods? All I have done so far is K/N filter with a open airbox and now the exhaust. Sure feels stronger though. What I want to do next is get a custom chip for it. Do you know if that will boost HP much?

:pat Finzup

Parrothead said:
I hear road noise now instead of resonance

What exhaust did you replace? Was the stock system creating resonance or was it another aftermarket exhaust?

Jeff

Parrothead said:
Doug,
Tuna,
Was that with any other mods? All I have done so far is K/N with a open airbox and now the exhaust. Sure feels stronger though. What I want to do next is get a custom chip for it. Do you know if that will boost HP much?

In the CORSA ads they talk about 15HP gains - what you see may be different. Would not surprise me if you saw that.
My old car was not stock - it had the LT4+ conversion (heads, intake and Hot Cam, etc.). After the mods the car dyno'ed at 306 through the stock LT1 exhaust. Then I changed to CORSA and it dyno'ed at 328.
I was very happy with that.

A stock LT1 ought to RWHP in the 260 +-5 range but some do much better. Can't wait to hear what you have.
Most generic chips may not be worth the trouble as they don't seem to really help (I had a HyperTech ThermoMaster before the mods). With my LT1 to LT4+ change and having an old OBD1 computer, I had FastChips.com burn me a new chip for my mods. Otherwise, the car did not run very well. For a basically stock LT1, the biggest help with a different chip is having the ability to change the cooling fan temps. With more mods, you'll need to consider a new chip and I recommend FastChips.com out of Tulsa.

Parrothead- Between Gig Harbor and Port Orchard on the Kitsap peninsula. Really love the quazar blue!!. Check-out pnwcorvettes.com for regional "stuff", new site,very good.Doug

Gotta love a new exhaust system. The looks and sound are so much better than what came from the factory.

Sure like my Corsa system. So far all I have done is the K&N/open lid and the exhaust, but I think it feels stronger. 1.6 roller rockers/LT4 valve springs, etc are next on my list.

I'd love to hear the Corsa on a ZR1, I have B & B on mine and hate the resonance. Love the wide-open throttle sound but cruising on the freeway is a pain unless I'm in 5th. waaaaaaaaaa

I did the unheard of and sprayed the inside of the tips with black grill paint. My set split at the resonator with 10k on them, Corsa replaced it as promised. They add power and sound and look good.

SLP has a new catback out that promises no resonance too but yet to hear anybody's review.

JRMaroon, I had the stock system with the addition of Flomaster 40 seris mufflers. I didn't do any research before buying them and regretted it as soon as the new fun sounds wore off and I had to do everyday driving. Loved the sound when I was playing around but...............

tlong, Glad to hear they honor the warrenty..............

I just completed a 300 mile drive yesterday, I am even more impressed than I was at first. So quite on the highway. I was pounded with road noise instead of exhaust resonence......lol I also just installed Sirrius sat radio......why oh why did I wait so long to do that

:pat Finzzup

Congrats! I love driving my car soo much more w/ the Corsas. Guy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom