Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Exhaust & Cold Air Intake

obidonkenobe

Corvette
2006 Daytona Sunset Orange Corvette Convertible
I could use some guidance from all of you. I have a 2006 Corvette LS2 Convertible. My brother works in the R&D department at Magnaflow and I have just purchased a complete system with Tru-X and Cat Back

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=American&id=364

I am curious about the pros and cons of a cold air intake with this system. I would like to keep it street legal in TX but want the sound and the performance.

Any suggestions for a cold air intake that would work well with this system would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Don

If your going to spend the money, you may as well get the most power for the dollar.........I have the VaraRam and love it...........:D

I installed a Callaway Honker and a ported intake mainifold at the same time.
My 1/4 mile time went down about 1/2 second.

The Callaway Honker and the Vararam have about same performance gain, and from what I hear, they are the 2 best CAIs.

:)

Black Wing CAI.:cool

I installed a Callaway Honker and a ported intake mainifold at the same time.
My 1/4 mile time went down about 1/2 second.

The Callaway Honker and the Vararam have about same performance gain, and from what I hear, they are the 2 best CAIs.

:)

The Honker has an OEM fit and finish, something that you will NOT find with the others out there.

"Honker" Air Induction Systems
1997-2008 Corvette​
honker_exploded.jpg
Callaway “Honker" systems provide significantly reduced airpath restriction to allow more airflow and increased horsepower. Using advanced inlet air management engineering techniques, the Honker design outperformed all other systems tested . . . 26% more airflow than the factory C5 system and 34% more airflow than the factory C6 system! The important point: Any modification that increases horsepower (i.e., cylinder heads, camshaft, headers, exhaust, etc.) needs the higher airflow capacity of the Honker.

Consider the features:
• CAD-designed contours and smooth internal surface engineered to maximize laminar flow.
• Design directs cooler, denser inlet air from outside of engine compartment.
• C5 system eliminates restrictive "air bridge", close-couples MAFS to throttle body.
• Superior quality ducting attaches to OEM mounting locations at top of radiator support.
• OEM-grade polymer remains unaffected by under-hood temperature excursions.
• Low-restriction filter element is washable and reusable for reliable service.
• Retains all OEM engine management sensors and actuators.
• Premium quality hardware used throughout for extended durability.
C6 dyno testing verified the airflow test results, resulting in an increase of 12 rwhp on an otherwise-stock LS2. At the dragstrip, simply bolting a Honker into a stock C6 coupe dropped its 1/4-mile ET by three full tenths and increased top speed by 2 mph.
The results are even more dramatic with C5's. On a completely stock LS1, the Honker increased power by 18 bhp! In a stock 2003 Z06, 1/4 mile elapsed time was reduced by three tenths.

Callaway’s Honker systems include CAD-designed air inlet duct, low restriction, washable and reusable air filter element, sturdy filter element housing, and all required hardware for easy installation.
honkerC6flow.jpg
Part No.Application

Suggested Retail​
Honker C5, 2001-2004 Corvette
Honker C5, 1997-2000 Corvette
Honker C6, 2005-07 Corvette, exc. Z06
Honker C6, 2005-07 Corvette, exc. Z06 with Magna Charger
Honker C6, 2006-08 Corvette Z06, 2008 Corvette LS3
Honker C6, 2008 Corvette LS3 with Magna Charger
499.00​
Emissions Compliance Status:
50-State Street-Legal
1997 - 2004 Corvette (except 2002 - 2004 Z06)​
This product has been granted an exemption by the California Air Resources Board (CARB E.O. D-319-6). It is also in compliance with U.S. EPA Memorandum 1A.
49-State Street-Legal
2002 - 2004 Corvette Z06​
2005 - 2007 Corvette​
This product is in compliance with U.S. Memorandum 1A, or this product has neither been found nor believed to be unlawful for use under the provisions of the Clean Air Act. Currently, this product is legal in California only for racing vehicles which may never be used on a highway.
Info Links:​
Logo_webwht1_000.jpg

Callaway Cars reserves the right to change pricing and product specification without notice.
© 2007 Callaway Cars Inc.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom