Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New guy...bought a C4 for Pops!

D

dietDrThunder

Hi all! I've never owned a Vette before, and I guess I don't now sorta. My brother and I just bought a 96 Collector's Edition LT1 coupe for my Step Dad, and I'm really excited about it. It's got about 65k miles on it, everything works, and apart from a few simple TLC things (headliner redo on painted top, repaint front bumper, maybe new carpet) it's all good. Drives great, no leaks, all good. We gave $8k for it...seems like a decent price after having searched locally and on line for a couple months.

He had pretty cool cars earlier in life...had a 68 Malilbu 307, A loaded 73 Monte Carlo, then a 74 S-3 Laguna. I know...not exactly a stable of the most awesome cars ever, but I mean he liked 2-doors, and liked to have a nice car.

Anyway, he spent the last 30+ years working full time to keep the family farm running, while also working full time as the vice-principal at the local High School. Over all of that time, my Mom had a new car every 3 or 4 years, while he always just has the farm pickpup. Well age caught up to this ridiculous work ethic, and the farm is no longer viable, so it had to be broken up and sold off because the property tax would be immediately back-breaking once it's not a working farm. That is all done, so his family legacy of a farm is gone.

Even though they are lucky enough to be quite comfortable (the farm is in a very desirable residential area in Western MA), he'll never go and do anything like this. Ever. SO, we did it for him!

Anyway, sorry to bore you guys...the short version is that he's a good man and a good Dad, and has earned this...at least this. We started out trying to buy a Chevelle, but they were too pricey. The other car he always wanted but never had was a Corvette...and what do you know, some of these cars are still affordable!

I admit I like it a lot more than I thought I would. I'm primarily a bike guy, but I'm already getting a little attached to this car. By the time he gets it, I might have to have one for myself :)

Anyway, thanks for having me around, even if it's only for a while :)

vette-1.jpg

vette-3.jpg

vette-interior-1.jpg

Nice car and great story you will find lots of C4 info here when and if you need it.............welcome to the CAC

Welcome to CAC! :w These cars can be addicting. That's a neat story and a great thing that you've done for your step-dad. It does, indeed, sound like he deserves this. :thumb

Welcome to the Forum.

That is a nice color combination. :w

I had 92 for about 4 years and loved it. You can get the headliner off EBAY and it is fairly easy to install. Make sure to shop around for carpet. There is some real junk out there.

What good sons you and your brother are!! Congratulations. And welcome to the Corvette Action Center.

Elaine

Hi all! I've never owned a Vette before, and I guess I don't now sorta. My brother and I just bought a 96 Collector's Edition LT1 coupe for my Step Dad, and I'm really excited about it. It's got about 65k miles on it, everything works, and apart from a few simple TLC things (headliner redo on painted top, repaint front bumper, maybe new carpet) it's all good. Drives great, no leaks, all good. We gave $8k for it...seems like a decent price after having searched locally and on line for a couple months.

He had pretty cool cars earlier in life...had a 68 Malilbu 307, A loaded 73 Monte Carlo, then a 74 S-3 Laguna. I know...not exactly a stable of the most awesome cars ever, but I mean he liked 2-doors, and liked to have a nice car.

Anyway, he spent the last 30+ years working full time to keep the family farm running, while also working full time as the vice-principal at the local High School. Over all of that time, my Mom had a new car every 3 or 4 years, while he always just has the farm pickpup. Well age caught up to this ridiculous work ethic, and the farm is no longer viable, so it had to be broken up and sold off because the property tax would be immediately back-breaking once it's not a working farm. That is all done, so his family legacy of a farm is gone.

Even though they are lucky enough to be quite comfortable (the farm is in a very desirable residential area in Western MA), he'll never go and do anything like this. Ever. SO, we did it for him!

Anyway, sorry to bore you guys...the short version is that he's a good man and a good Dad, and has earned this...at least this. We started out trying to buy a Chevelle, but they were too pricey. The other car he always wanted but never had was a Corvette...and what do you know, some of these cars are still affordable!

I admit I like it a lot more than I thought I would. I'm primarily a bike guy, but I'm already getting a little attached to this car. By the time he gets it, I might have to have one for myself

Anyway, thanks for having me around, even if it's only for a while

dietDrThunder,

Welcome to the forum and what an awesome story! When is your dad receiving his gift?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

What a great story!! Thank you for sharing!!

Mac

Welcome Aboard and Congratulations. . . . . . . . .

Welcome to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER, looks like you found a gem of a C-4 that may just need some TLC and what an awesome thing to do :thumb There is nothing quite like owning and driving a Corvette :Steer

-Bill :w

Welcome to the :CAC

Nice story.
My step kids never bought me anything, at 30 years old they still think I should be buying them things. LOL

Welcome to the club. Nice choice on the Commemorative Edition.

dietDrThunder,

Welcome to the forum and what an awesome story! When is your dad receiving his gift?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Thanks ffor the nice welcome everyone, I appreciate it.

CCS, we're looking at June or July. I'm in Nashville, and he's in MA, so I need to plan a time I can get up there. Plus it will take me until spring to do the things I need to do to it to make it just right. I ordered wheels today :)

What good sons you and your brother are!! Congratulations. And welcome to the Corvette Action Center.

Elaine

He's in the same place I grew up...Southampton, MA. I might send him out to meet you all :)

Great story! Happy to see you two brothers are doing this for him.

I would love to see the look on his face when he first sees it!

LT4man

Save the Wave! :w

Great story! Happy to see you two brothers are doing this for him.

I would love to see the look on his face when he first sees it!

LT4man

Save the Wave! :w

Have not heard from you for sometime LT4man, how goes it
:beer

-Bill

CCS, we're looking at June or July. I'm in Nashville, and he's in MA, so I need to plan a time I can get up there. Plus it will take me until spring to do the things I need to do to it to make it just right. I ordered wheels today :)

I see,

Well best of luck with everything and keep us posted!

;),

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

How about posting some pictures when you get the wheels on :_rock

-Bill :v

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom