Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New In Ms

redvettemike

Corvette
1965 Coupe; 1997 C5
Hello: I am a new guy from Madison, Ms. I'm 71 (whoa!) and have been a car guy since an early age. I grew up in the Muscle Car era and have never gotten that out of my system. After 30 years in the gen ins biz, I sold out and then by one way or the other have ended up in the classic car restoration biz. I have 3 full time guys and several part time guys. Business has been brisk but this virus emergency is slowing things down. I have a couple of Corvettes: a '65 coupe (see photos) and a '97 C5. We are working on a number of Vettes and have a '64 that we are doing a frame off restoration on and a '57 that we are doing some slight improvements on so it can perhaps move up in the NCRS judging (from 2nd Flight to Top). In any case I am glad to have found this site and look forward to posting a text or two. Tks, Mike Martin

Attachments

• IMG_2910.JPG
    IMG_2910.JPG
    897.3 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_2909.JPG
    IMG_2909.JPG
    846.7 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_2911.JPG
    IMG_2911.JPG
    895 KB · Views: 171
Another Welcome !

Welcome to CAC!!
Enjoy!!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Welcome to CAC! :w Sweet 65 there. :thumb Look forward to your posts.

Welcome to the CAC. That's a nice '66. My '65 had the teakwood steering wheel. One of my favorite options on these cars. I have to ask about the white 66/67 Cutlass/442 in the background. My first new car was a white '67 442.

Tom

Yes that is a '67. I had a '67 in '69. Traded it in on a '71 442. I should have kept both but could not and did not. I went out and found very similar cars 40+ years later and have both now. Both are p/s, p/b factory air cars. Tks.

Welcome to the CAC. That's a nice '66. My '65 had the teakwood steering wheel. One of my favorite options on these cars. I have to ask about the white 66/67 Cutlass/442 in the background. My first new car was a white '67 442.

Tom

Man, I missed that Olds back there! My older brother had a 66 442...I loved that car and love the old 442.

I bought my '67 in June 1967 from Charlie Stuart Olds in Indy. It was a TH400, p/s, p/b White with red buckets and console, full wheel covers and paint stripe delete plus a few other things. I sold it about 1995 to a restorer in Warren Ohio along with a treasure trove of NOS and rare '67 442 parts.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom