Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New intake for crossfire = more HP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he asked if someone would give him an intake and for him to write an article to submit to a company so he can make money. All I said is if he is curios about this renegade why not buy one for himself and test it. Just like the rest of us that purchased a renegade. I will finally get mine within the next while and will install it and test it. I would rather have first hand testing by me. I could care less if he tests one or not why is his opion any better than anyone elses on this forum? If it performs well great, if it doesn't oh well. But word on the street is we won't be disappointed.
As I've said on another forum, the saying is.' I couldn't care less'. Leaving out the n't makes it a nonsense. Following this thread has been great fun.In my opinion that's what CAC is all about, whilst spreading knowledge about our beloved Vettes. Good luck to all on either side of the debate !.......Roger....:beer

Hib, if I was flush with money, I'd have my car dyno'd before and after the swap. (snip)

As for flush with money...it can't be that bad as you can afford to buy a new induction system.

I'll pay for the chassis dyno session. We'll do 3 or 4 pulls, depending on how repeatable the car is. You just bring your car and watch. You'll get a print out of the test which will include wide-band O2 data. I'll also take ECM data during the test so we can see what the engine controls are doing on the dyno.

No he asked if someone would give him an intake and for him to write an article to submit to a company so he can make money. (snip)

I never asked anyone for an intake manifold or any other parts.

What I asked for is someone who is using the Renegade to provide their car for an A-B intake manifold test for which I shall pay. If the car makes the power predicted in some of the very early posts to this thread, has acceptable driveability, fits properly and is manufactured with reasonable quality, I'll do my best to get "Corvette Enthusiast" to publish an article on the product which will include the test data.
Your call.

(STAFF EDIT)
For anyone reading up to this point,
Hib and Nelson84 have appeared to make amends further down. Please, there is no need to further comment on the exchange between the two at this point. Please continue to read the entire thread to the end before replying to a particular post. Thanks!
For the sake of keeping the thread in a "positive forward" motion, I have removed the posts (that previously followed this one) that were simply commentary on the members themselves and not about the product discussion.)
(STAFF EDIT)

As for flush with money...it can't be that bad as you can afford to buy a new induction system.

I'll pay for the chassis dyno session. We'll do 3 or 4 pulls, depending on how repeatable the car is. You just bring your car and watch. You'll get a print out of the test which will include wide-band O2 data. I'll also take ECM data during the test so we can see what the engine controls are doing on the dyno.

Oh I see, so would you do the before and after dyno test on my crossfire? I totally misunderstood you. I would be down with that. Do you have your own dyno? Where do you live. We could arrange this after all. We could use my 84 vette with the renegade I purchased. Do you have a shop to do the intake swap?

Water under the bridge bro. Lets make this renegade dyno thing a go.

What do you say hib? I donate my 84 crossfire and the intake manifold you pay for dyno runs before and after the renegade and help out with the intake swap and you write the article. Sounds like a good deal for both of us.:thumb

This thread could potentially do good things for owners of 82 &84 corvettes. If certain parties are interested in ruining that, I will close the thread. While arguments have been heated at times, they have worked themselves out. Keep posts on topic or nobody will post.

Vetteboy86
C4 Forums Moderator

First, let me state that I apologize to "nelson84" for using the term "sorry ass". That was an uncalled-for remark. I may have been angry over earlier statements "nelson84" made, but I was wrong to use that phrase.

Other than that, at this point, I'm not inclined to retract statements I made in this thread and that Administrator "Evolution 1980" subsequently edited. Secondly, I object to the rest of "Evolution 1980's" "staff edit", however, as that person is an "Administrator", I acquiesce the decision.

With regards to my statement earlier in this thread about testing, I said on back on 7 March 09....
I'll challenge you guys...bring me a crossfire injected 82 or 84 that makes 330 at the wheels SAE-corrected. If I can duplicate that performance on the chassis dyno I use and then I road test the car and find it's nice to drive, passes a smog check and gets reasonable mileage, I'll write an article about it and try and get it published.

In that story, I'll eat crow on my belief that high-powered crossfire engines come at the expense of torque and driveabiilty.
My challenge still stands.

Please note: that challenge was not addressed, specifically, to "nelson84". If anyone else wants to supply a car for this test, the two induction systems and the labor to change the parts, I'll supervise and pay for the chassis dyno time. If the test results show the significant increase in performance some who've posted to this thread predict and the car's driveability and overall torque curve are acceptable, the magazine story will reflect that and I'll go on record as being a skeptic-turned-"Renegade-believer".

Conversely, if the induction package doesn't perform well, the article will reflect that.

I do all chassis dynamometer testing for my magazine work at Westech Performance in Mira Loma, California, about 70 miles east of Los Angeles. It will be up the Renegade folks, or whatever private owner they choose to work with me on this test, to provide the test car, the two induction systems and other parts necessary for an induction change, bring that car to the test venue and do the work necessary to change the parts. No other changes, except for calibration, will be allowed. Any calibration work necessary will need to be provided and paid for by the car owner. While I'll pay for the test of the induction parts, I'm not going to pay for any tuning and there will not be time to tune, anyway, so the owner will need to have already done any tuning changes required by the Renegade system before coming to the test.

The chassis dyno test will have to be done in a day. The car will need to have the stock manifold on it at the start of the test. We'll baseline it that way, then the car owner will change the induction system and after which, we'll test again. After the chassis dyno testing, the car will need to be available for subjective road testing with me driving, a possible fuel economy test and a photo session. Because of the need for magazine photography, the car's exterior will need to be in good condition. I figure it will take 2-3 days to complete all these tasks. Anyone who wants to meet this challenge can contact me directly by email at finspeed@netmotive.net

Lastly, I remember a statement earlier in this thread that Super Chevy magazine was working on an article about the Renegade. What is the status of that project? If the research/testing for the article is complete, when will the story be published?

Seems like Renegade should be all over Hib's offer. If the Renegade makes the kind of power some say it will, the test will be worth its weight in gold, as it will have been done and verifies by a third party. But I don't hear the manufacturer at all. :z

Well "Catbert"...I might say jerky things once in a while, but I'm also a realist.

I swear I read earlier in this thread---I'm not going to go back through all freakin' 17 pages and look--that Super Chevy magazine was already doing a story on the Renegade. It could be that, since the Renegade folks are already working with Super Chevy, which, admittedly, has a greater circulation that the magazines I work for, they may not see a need right now to seek coverage in other magazines that cover the Chevrolet hobby.

I swear I read earlier in this thread---I'm not going to go back through all freakin' 17 pages and look--that Super Chevy magazine was already doing a story on the Renegade. It could be that, since the Renegade folks are already working with Super Chevy, which, admittedly, has a greater circulation that the magazines I work for, they may not see a need right now to seek coverage in other magazines that cover the Chevrolet hobby.
I was reading some posts on this renegade on another forum, and it looks like alot of people are excited about it. Even an article in super chevy is going to happen.:thumb
Post #169

Well "Catbert"...I might say jerky things once in a while, but I'm also a realist.

As I remember it from marketing 101 - you can't have too much good exposure.

Post #169

That's it...#169. I should have known that.:chuckle
Thanks

As I remember it from marketing 101 - you can't have too much good exposure.
I agree but, in my years doing this stuff, I'd seen it happen sometimes...if a manufacturer gets its product in Hot Rod, Car Craft, PHR or Super Chevy, sometimes they feel that's more than enough. I've also felt in other cases that the product's maker, once they're in Super Chevy and so forth, feel that they are "too good" for the magazines of lesser circulation.

First, let me state that I apologize to "nelson84" for using the term "sorry ass". That was an uncalled-for remark. I may have been angry over earlier statements "nelson84" made, but I was wrong to use that phrase.

Other than that, at this point, I'm not inclined to retract statements I made in this thread and that Administrator "Evolution 1980" subsequently edited. Secondly, I object to the rest of "Evolution 1980's" "staff edit", however, as that person is an "Administrator", I acquiesce the decision.

With regards to my statement earlier in this thread about testing, I said on back on 7 March 09....

Please note: that challenge was not addressed, specifically, to "nelson84". If anyone else wants to supply a car for this test, the two induction systems and the labor to change the parts, I'll supervise and pay for the chassis dyno time. If the test results show the significant increase in performance some who've posted to this thread predict and the car's driveability and overall torque curve are acceptable, the magazine story will reflect that and I'll go on record as being a skeptic-turned-"Renegade-believer".

Conversely, if the induction package doesn't perform well, the article will reflect that.

I do all chassis dynamometer testing for my magazine work at Westech Performance in Mira Loma, California, about 70 miles east of Los Angeles. It will be up the Renegade folks, or whatever private owner they choose to work with me on this test, to provide the test car, the two induction systems and other parts necessary for an induction change, bring that car to the test venue and do the work necessary to change the parts. No other changes, except for calibration, will be allowed. Any calibration work necessary will need to be provided and paid for by the car owner. While I'll pay for the test of the induction parts, I'm not going to pay for any tuning and there will not be time to tune, anyway, so the owner will need to have already done any tuning changes required by the Renegade system before coming to the test.

The chassis dyno test will have to be done in a day. The car will need to have the stock manifold on it at the start of the test. We'll baseline it that way, then the car owner will change the induction system and after which, we'll test again. After the chassis dyno testing, the car will need to be available for subjective road testing with me driving, a possible fuel economy test and a photo session. Because of the need for magazine photography, the car's exterior will need to be in good condition. I figure it will take 2-3 days to complete all these tasks. Anyone who wants to meet this challenge can contact me directly by email at finspeed@netmotive.net

Lastly, I remember a statement earlier in this thread that Super Chevy magazine was working on an article about the Renegade. What is the status of that project? If the research/testing for the article is complete, when will the story be published?

So what are you saying? You don't want to use my 84 stock crossfire in a renegade test? I offered up my car and my renegade intake and you don't want to do the test now? What if someone else comes forward will you back out of that guys car too? Please make it clear are you going to pay for my dyno pulls or not?:confused

So what are you saying? You don't want to use my 84 stock crossfire in a renegade test? I offered up my car and my renegade intake and you don't want to do the test now? What if someone else comes forward will you back out of that guys car too? Please make it clear are you going to pay for my dyno pulls or not?:confused
<snip>….With regards to my statement earlier in this thread about testing, I said on back on 7 March 09....

I do all chassis dynamometer testing for my magazine work at Westech Performance in Mira Loma, California, about 70 miles east of Los Angeles. It will be up the Renegade folks, or whatever private owner they choose to work with me on this test, to provide the test car, the two induction systems and other parts necessary for an induction change, bring that car to the test venue and do the work necessary to change the parts. No other changes, except for calibration, will be allowed. Any calibration work necessary will need to be provided and paid for by the car owner. While I'll pay for the test of the induction parts, I'm not going to pay for any tuning and there will not be time to tune, anyway, so the owner will need to have already done any tuning changes required by the Renegade system before coming to the test.…. <snip> …… . ..

Who here is being uncooperative? :duh
Look to a solution get off the Problem and personality differences!! :eyerole

Bud Dougherty
Forums Administrator

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess it has come down to a racial thing. What does everybody have against Swedish people.:confused
We don't hurt anybody atleast in the last 200 years.

Vikings rule!!!

I have heard that tobroketoretire will have his renegade installed by friday.:thumb

for all the talk you've done on every forum on the net (not to mention re-signing under a different user names after being banned), I hope for your sake if and when they are made, you're getting one hell of a deal on it.

I am getting the best deal for a crossfire engine, and that would be the renegade intake manifold. It cost me $460 and it will wake up my old crossfire.:thumb

3 or 4 days and I will have my renegade. I will give it a good look over and then install it.:lou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom