Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Member - Texas

chieftam

Corvette
2006 Arctic White Z51 Coupe
Hello. I just signed up as a member of the CAC. I just purchased an Arctic White 2006 C6 Z51 Coupe. Since the wife drives the car too, it has the automatic. The car has about every option. We wanted a convertible, but we couldn't put two golf bags in the trunk so we opted for the Coupe. This is my second Corvette, I bought a new 1977 L82 when I graduated college, but my first wife decided I should sell it three years later. So, needless to say, I don't have my first Corvette or my first wife anymore.

I really enjoy the 2006. It rides and handles great, and the fuel economy is just icing on the cake. I moved to Texas in late 2003 after living 48 years in Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota....what a change! I'll have to get back into the Corvette scene now, but am also a member of the Corvair owners society, having bought several Corvairs when I couldn't afford another Corvette and needed a back seat. I have two Corvairs, both late models, a 65 Corsa Turbocharged Sierra Tan Convertible and a 69 Lemans Blue Monza Convertible. They are great cars and complement the Corvette.

I'm a Chief of Police here in Texas, but don't plan on adding lights and siren to the C6, those are in the F250 Powerstroke. Look forward to participating and learning on this forum. If this forum is anything like the Corvair forum I belong to, the people will probably be fantastic, knowledgeable and helpful. Looking forward to it!

Congrats on Your New 06 White Coupe!

Welcome to the :CAC

Living in Texas should allow you to drive your Corvette all year long. :upthumbs

When ya have some free time post a few pictures of your Corvette.

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

Welcome to the CAC and congrats on the 2006!

Enjoy!
:w Jane Ann

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, we can drive Corvettes and convertibles year round down here. If I figured it out, I think I put a picture of the car in the signature.

Welcome and congratulations....what part of Texas are you in?
Just wondering what part of the state I need to slow down in....:L

Hey chief, welcome to cac, I'm also a new member and proud 1st time owner after 45 years coveting. What part of Texas are you in. You're going to love this site.

I am in Terrell, Texas, 25 miles east of Dallas on I20/US80. Yes, I would slow down cause if you get stopped and mention me, some might just tell you to slow down, but others would get you for no front plate, dirty rear plate, no turn signal, etc. etc. lol
We run into Dallas alot, as my wife grew up there and has been a lifelong Texan, but we also get to Houston as she has friends there.

Welcome!

Welcome to the :CAC and congrats on your new purchase:lou :D

Inquiring minds want to know....are you gonna run a front plate???

I'll be going slow thru Terrell.....nice looking Vette Chief!

Welcome and enjoy.

Always looking for license plates and the group is much interested in vanity plate readings / sayings. Use the "search" and check out the plate sites.

Front Plate? They are required by law. I ordered the low front mount plate holder, looks better than the stock one and can go on with tape or velcro. But, you know, it's backordered, and I'm waiting, and waiting, and waiting........

welcome to CAC!!! hope you enjoy the vette and the forums!!!!

Welcome to the CAC, Chief.
White looks especially good on a C6, I think. Congratulations.

Tammy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom