Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Members: Welcome to the Corvette Action Center!

Congratulations and Welcome To Corvette Action Center

Just got a 2004 ConvertibleView attachment 15338

Nice looking yellow Roadster, drive it like you stole it and also Welcome to Corvette Action Center we're glad you decided to join us.

Don't forget to wave when you pass another Corvette, it's the right thing to do, "Don't forget the wave."

-Bill :w

Nice looking yellow Roadster, drive it like you stole it and also Welcome to Corvette Action Center we're glad you decided to join us.

Don't forget to wave when you pass another Corvette, it's the right thing to do, "Don't forget the wave."

What are the odds: I am driving on a state highway in Northern Wisconsin, today, and no one around. Over the rise comes a yellow C6 convertible with the top down. Lots of waving and honking. Looked like a couple of Bumble Bees meeting!

Small world sometimes

What are the odds: I am driving on a state highway in Northern Wisconsin, today, and no one around. Over the rise comes a yellow C6 convertible with the top down. Lots of waving and honking. Looked like a couple of Bumble Bees meeting!

Cool, sometimes we live in a small world that is for sure:cool!:

What are the odds back in 1965 I was in Southeast Asia (Nam) and run into a guy from a small town of 200 people where I graduated high school. . . . . I was just getting there and he was headed back to the USA, like I said small world sometimes ;shrug

-Bill

Ehlo everyone!

So this is ma first time on a forum. I'll need a wide birth. My lady and I recently bought a '69 Stingray. We put her in the shop to correct the years of neglect by previous owners. Just got her out last night. What a joy. But now I have a loud tick under driver side dash. Gets louder with RPMs. The wipers don't work. Any advice for the ticking sound?

First of all wewlcome aboard . . . . the ticking noise?

So this is ma first time on a forum. I'll need a wide birth. My lady and I recently bought a '69 Stingray. We put her in the shop to correct the years of neglect by previous owners. Just got her out last night. What a joy. But now I have a loud tick under driver side dash. Gets louder with RPMs. The wipers don't work. Any advice for the ticking sound?

First of all let me welcome you to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER. On the tick not sure probably have to hear it first and then ? Wipers not working sure you've checked the fuse, does one have anything to do with the other ;shrug the noise going up and down with RPM sound like a lifter maybe :confused Probably have to be there to identify maybe, but do keep us posted.

First of all let me welcome you to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER. On the tick not sure probably have to hear it first and then ? Wipers not working sure you've checked the fuse, does one have anything to do with the other ;shrug the noise going up and down with RPM sound like a lifter maybe :confused Probably have to be there to identify maybe, but do keep us posted.

I love the Wave. Not enough people doing it. Ill push it as much as possible. Trust me. Ill ask the folks that ind of screwed us on the build to fix the speedo cable. Unless its something I may be able to nik at home in the garage. This is more than great to have all these people helping. Cheers

I love the Wave. Not enough people doing it. Ill push it as much as possible. Trust me. Ill ask the folks that ind of screwed us on the build to fix the speedo cable. Unless its something I may be able to nik at home in the garage. This is more than great to have all these people helping. Cheers

You have a nice classic you'll eventually work these things out
:bash just don't get a bigger hammer!! One of the classics of the past for sure, what a good year 1969, that made Corvette the "Only All American Sports Car" living legend recognized world wide.

New To The C5's But Not to Corvettes

Hello all! My name is Jeff and I am from western Ks. just up the road from Tom. My son who is 23 (I call him Fritz) just bought a slick 2002 Coupe with both tops. Came from 2nd owner who had owned it since 13,000 miles. Very nice car and he and I are both loving it. I will do all the wrenching on the car in exchange for seat time. :D

Looked at a few forums but ended up here from reading for awhile. Seems like a nice and knowledgeable forum. Hope to learn more about the C5's. I have owned a 74, 77 L82 and a 78 SA L82. I still like the C3's but have to admit the C5's are growing on me. Enough rambling, looking forward to being a member here.

I kinda got referred here from Chevy Talk from TAT_2, as this is where I hang out, with same name as here.

Regards, Jeff

Welcome to Corvette Action Center

Welcome aboard Jeff, glad you've joined us.
I may be a little partial and can't afford or justify a newer C-6 or C-7 and :v of all kinds and I'm serious when I say this, I think the C-5 design, style and etc. is one of the best generations every made in modern times anyway, maybe the best ever, look at the lines from across the center of the hood, through the top and even through the back glass on a coupe, sleek lines all the way thorugh, all this and have it in black w/6-speed manual :Steertransmission, just doesn't get a whole lot better than this my man!! :happyanim:Built like it is standing by to pounce, love mine and will problem have it forever too :BOW

-Bill:w

Last edited:
Hi, Jim here. I have owned a 69 L46 4 speed Roadster since 2008 and last January, I purchased a fairly low mileage (21,000) 99 Triple Black 6 speed Roadster. I have read posts on the forum and decided it was finally time to register. I hail from Jefferson City, Missouri now. Originally from Port Jervis, New York. I retired from the US Army in 1994 from Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri and the wife and I decided to stay in Missouri. We love to drive our cars. Besides the 99 and 69 Corvettes, my wife owns a 69 Camaro SS 350, 5 speed and we have a 71 Nova, 350 4 speed. None of them are trailer or garage queens. The General built them to drive.

Welcome to Corvette Action Center

Hi, Jim here. I have owned a 69 L46 4 speed Roadster since 2008 and last January, I purchased a fairly low mileage (21,000) 99 Triple Black 6 speed Roadster.

Hi Jim :welcomewe're sure glad you've decided to join us. I believe you will like it here the members and staff are second to none. By the way thank you for your service to our country from a greatful nation.

GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA and THE MEN and WOMEN WHO PROTECT HER 24/7.

-Bill :pat

Hello Jeff

Welcome to the forum, you was at leanordwood? By any chance was you an Army MP'
I was 64-75.
You have a nice ride here is mine

Attachments

• E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_5_800600[1].jpg
    E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_5_800600[1].jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 107
  • E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_11_800600[1].jpg
    E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_11_800600[1].jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 100
  • E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_20_800600[1].jpg
    E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_20_800600[1].jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 97
  • E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_23_800600[1].jpg
    E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_23_800600[1].jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 102
  • E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_14_800600[1].jpg
    E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_14_800600[1].jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 99
  • E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_17_800600[1].jpg
    E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_17_800600[1].jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 91
  • E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_2_800600[1].jpg
    E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_2_800600[1].jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 103
I was in the Military Police Corps from 1973 til 1994. I was stationed at West Point, Wertheim Germany, Ft. McClellan Alabama, Ft. Knox Kentucky, Seoul Korea, Ft Riley Kansas, Wurzburg Germany and Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri.

I was in the Military Police Corps from 1973 til 1994. I was stationed at West Point, Wertheim Germany, Ft. McClellan Alabama, Ft. Knox Kentucky, Seoul Korea, Ft Riley Kansas, Wurzburg Germany and Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri.

How close are you from Kansas City, MO? I was in the army wth a guy who was from there he passed away (God rest his soul) a number of years ago. But he did give me the grand tour of the area, even took me down on 12th and Vine :happyanim: And other places to many to mention, never a dull moment and a blast of a life time for sure :beer

-Bill

hello

Hi, Jim here. I have owned a 69 L46 4 speed Roadster since 2008 and last January, I purchased a fairly low mileage (21,000) 99 Triple Black 6 speed Roadster. I have read posts on the forum and decided it was finally time to register. I hail from Jefferson City, Missouri now. Originally from Port Jervis, New York. I retired from the US Army in 1994 from Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri and the wife and I decided to stay in Missouri. We love to drive our cars. Besides the 99 and 69 Corvettes, my wife owns a 69 Camaro SS 350, 5 speed and we have a 71 Nova, 350 4 speed. None of them are trailer or garage queens. The General built them to drive.

Cool to see another retired MP here.
Nam Germany Florida Devens NY Germany again Alabama Georgia SC
BTW Did you ever here the story abut an mP giving his wife a ticket????
Lol Wurzburg
some of the stuff I can tell you about that place.

Yes I did hear the story but it wasn't me!!! When I was in Wurzburg I was the Platoon Sergeant over the customs inspectors and investigators for Schwienfurt, Kitizingen, and Wurzburg and the sub posts in the area. I was on the road a lot especially when company HQ (142nd MP Company) was in Nuremburg. I loved my Army career and after I retired I had a second career as an investigator for the State of Missouri. I retired from that career recently and now I work two days a week for the Missouri Highway Patrol as a Criminal Intelligence Analyst.

Would like to say hello to all and thank you I have been searching the tech forums a lot before joining but now I am a member. Just purchased my first Vette and I am very excited to talk and learn about it. I have been wanting one of these cars since I started playing with matchbox cars when I was like 5 years old and finally able to purchase one it is a dream come true. It is nice to experience my vehicle with so many other Vette Lovers this is going to be fun and hopefully a education for me.

Welcome Aboard and Congratulations. . . . . . . . .

Just purchased my first Vette and I am very excited to talk and learn about it.

Welcome to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER and congratulations on the purchase of your C-5 one of the greatest Corvette series every designed and built, some would even argue the very best ever to date. I would say I never seen a Corvette I didn't like just some better than others. At any rate I think you will love it here, the members and staff are second to none that's for sure at :CAC

Thanks bill my 2001 vette already has a lot of work done to it when I get papers from shop I will try and post what has been done,then ask for suggestions what I should do next to it,I was thinking of doing the head light conversion but there is nothing wrong with mine at the moment so maybe hold off on that till something goes wrong then do it. Until I get print out of upgrades will wait to do anything, I know it has had a cam and lifter upgrade and exhaust headers all the way back and it sounds good.Also new hood but other then that I don't know why else has been done so until then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom