Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Prestone antifreeze

gkurtz

Corvette
92 Bright Red Convertable
I need to add antifreeze to my 92 and found prestone now only offers a new type which claims it can be mixed with any color or type antifreeze. Has anybody had any experience with this new type. Also what color is it.

Prestone also has the 50/50 blend and the extended life 50/150. What you are refering to is New Prestone® All Makes All Models Extended Life Antifreeze/Coolant. The web site says its the traditional color

http://www.prestone.com/

I saw the prestone web site. I am always cautious when changing to new products in my Vette. I am changing the hoses and just want to be sure I wont have a problem later. The Prestone All Makes All Models Extended Life Antifreeze/Coolant is new and I was hoping some members have had some experience with it.
Thanks

I just found some old Prestone. I bought 3 gallons since they discontinued this stuff. They're only making the new (yellow) all compatable type. I still think if were unable to get the original stuff I would flush the system and not mix the new and improved stuff with any original stuff in the block. I still would like some history before I mix the two types>

The yellow is not compaitable with the green. Do a google search, and you should find out that they are different.

Then I would think the new New Prestone formula "All Makes All Models Extended Life Antifreeze/Coolant" is green too. Prestone states it uses the traditional color.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom