Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New seats in C3

milo30

I have a 78 and the seats came with the cloth enlay. I really like them because it is so much cooler sitting on in the Summer. I can't find anyone that has replacement covers for them. It is either vinyl, leather-like or leather. I figure I'd have to go to an upholstery shop and have them made.

Rather than go to the expense of new foam and recovering, I am thinking of swapping the seats out with something else. I heard C5 seats will fit just fine but they are a little hard to find for a good price in good condition and in the color that I want. I know C4 seats are suppose to fit also but I have never been crazy about them. I am thinking of changing my interior color anyway and wouldn't mind a two-tone colored seat. I ran a search on after market seats and found several that look good and are priced really good.

My question for you guys is, what after market seats have you found for your C3 that are comfortable and look like they belong in a vette?

I had c5 seats in mine for awhile but recently sold them for $450 in perfect condition.The were really confortable but i wanted a change so i went with a racing style seat this time.

there sparco's and i really havent had a chance to try them out yet,im in the middle of building a new garage and its sitting under a cover outside till im done.They are alittle tough getting into the car compared to the c5 seats but much better support on the sides.

Have you thought of miata seats? I hear that they also have the speakers in the head rests and come in cloth. just a thought.
tom

DSCF0257.jpg

In the two C3s I've owned, had aftermarket seats (Dynamic Auto Design), C4 seats, and stock C3 seats. I've had C3s for 15 years through three different interiors colors. I've also owned a C5.

I keep coming back to C3 seats. For me... they are the best.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom