Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

new to group

ANDY199afd

Corvette
1992 White Coupe
Hi ,I have a 92. I would like some feedback on exhaust. I would like mine to be louder. Love the mustang sound but do not like the mustang.

Welcome to the Forum. There is tons of info on exhaust here, it must be our favorite topic on options. Try the search tools to get started looking. I'm sure other members will chime in who have much more experience than me.

I really like my flowmasters. Nice low growl at idle, and sound great cruising or under acceleration. I've heard guys talk about resonance at different RPM's in the cockpit, with different exhausts, so sure there is personal preference. Maybe look for some sound files first.

BTW, if you don't have a hatchvent and have a coupe, get one. Sounds even better!

I really like my flowmasters. Nice low growl at idle, and sound great cruising or under acceleration. I've heard guys talk about resonance at different RPM's in the cockpit, with different exhausts, so sure there is personal preference. Maybe look for some sound files first.

BTW, if you don't have a hatchvent and have a coupe, get one. Sounds even better!

I have herd that flow masters are great also my local corvette shop said that there are baffeled pipes availabe that replace the mufflers. Do you know anything about them??

I have a hatch vent. How do I find sound files??

I have herd that flow masters are great also my local corvette shop said that there are baffeled pipes availabe that replace the mufflers. Do you know anything about them??

Sounds like baffled pipes may be some sort of modified sidepipe? I know ecklers, MAM, Corvette Central, etc sell muffler eliminators to take the place of your mufflers; essentially straightpipes out the back that retain the look of the tips. A local muffler shop can do this for less money, though.

My best advice to find sound clips would be to do a search for mufflers....flowmaster, corsa, borla, dynomax, etc and look for posts with WAV attachments. Unfortunately, I have dialup and try to avoid video and sound attachments...take a while to load!:eyerole

Corsa

I had corsa catbacks on my 93 coupe , nice sound and they look great

First off WELCOME! You are going to get a ton of opinions here about exhaust choices. There are several things that you need to consider. Is this your daily driver and how far are you going to typicaly drive? Why, might you ask? Well, most aftermarket exhausts create "reasonance", that droning hum that will drive you crazy. If you typically drive long distances in the car the reasonance will flat get old after about an hour. I have seen several owners buy an exhaust system and say they love it, only to take it on a long drive once and say the reasonance was unbearable, and then buy something else. Do you have a wife/so that rides with you regularly? Yes? See item one above, they typically hate the drone that reasonance displays and they will hate the car even if you love it, and it can became an "it" or "me" thing.

There were several systems that I like the sound of when I started looking. Borla, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Corsa. After doing the research I concluded that Flowmaster were probably the worst offender of the reasonance issue and the systems that I was considering wasn't stainless steel. Borla, god I loved the sound, but again the reasonance issue was too much to get over. Magnaflow, Mario Andretti talks a big talk, but the reasonanace issue was too much for me. Corsa, what can I say? NO Reasonance, what so ever, at any RPM. The sound is fantastic, actually as quiet as stock at idle and at cruising speed (inside the car, I've been told that she sounds great outside at all RPM's. I can't say for sure as I can't be two places at once ;)), and then she begins to howl as the RPM's increase and at WOT she has a great sound, still with no reasonance. Pricey, yes, but the quality of construction and ease of installation was top notch, I'd do it again in a minute.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom