Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: New to me 93 ZR1 Corvette very very loud

ZeroG

Corvette
I love the rumble of the engine but on take off this one is obnoxiously loud. I want to tone it down a bit before I get a ticket and just to make it more enjoyable to drive.
Any recommendations on what to put on that would tone it down but not hide the vroom vroom totally?

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center.

I assume you're talking about the exhaust system and that it has an aftermarket exhaust system installed? If that's the case, what kind of system is it? Brand? Cat-back system or headers-back?

Thanks for the Welcome

...and you are correct
I'm asking what might be recommended for a better exhaust system.
I have not been under to see what is on there now, but guessing from cat back.

Welcome to CAC

As some of the aftermarket exhausts are a lot louder than stock, check what is there now before deciding.

Welcome to CAC, is the first order of business. Now for my .02. While I had my 94 LT1, I installed a Corsa cat back system and loved the sound. Now be prepared, Corsa is't cheap, but is high quality and sounds goooooood.

I have a floor jack I can roll under th vette, no prob, but not sure where a good point is to use for a jack point ....or do I need ramps or ??? Getting under these puppies is not easy for a 200+ size guy ....heck I'm getting old enough that getting under most cars or trucks is not easy for this guy.

I have a floor jack I can roll under th vette, no prob, but not sure where a good point is to use for a jack point ....or do I need ramps or ??? Getting under these puppies is not easy for a 200+ size guy ....heck I'm getting old enough that getting under most cars or trucks is not easy for this guy.
Check your owners manual which shows you where the jacking points are on either side of the car. Below the doors, under the molding, you'll see arrows behind the front wheels and in front of the rear wheels.

the car was well cared for but no sign of an owners manual.
I wish I had an owners manual.
If you know where I can pick one up please post a link.

I mostly like the Flowmasters on mine but 1) they got louder with age, and 2) are louder than most, including me, prefer. I cannot sneak in/out anywhere!
Getting under these puppies is not easy for a 200+ size guy ....heck I'm getting old enough that getting under most cars or trucks is not easy for this guy.

Yeah, welcome to THAT club, too!:w

Last edited:
I have a floor jack I can roll under the vette, no prob, but not sure where a good point is to use for a jack point ....or do I need ramps or ??? .

Before you roll under your new 'vette, be very sure the car is securely supported on good jack stands. Do NOT rely on your floor jack to hold your car while you roll under it!

Can you see any markings on your mufflers? You may be able to see markings on your mufflers without raising your car. When you get the car up far enough to inspect your exhaust system, do you have a catalytic converter installed in the system? Guessing is not acceptable!

:pat

Last edited:
What year is yours?

I just put OBX's + open 3" + PE exhaust on my '90 Z, and it's just a little too loud - DRONE-wise. It IS running SUBSTANTIALLY cooler now than with stock exhaust - NO DOUBT about that!!!

See headers install snappic thread HERE FROM A-Z...

I'm gonna' first extend the header wrap to the rear diff split, after I get a decibel reading AS IS. THen decibel measure again with wrap extended.

Then I'll probably try to find 2 x single resonators, or hack / fab the OEM resonator to have 2 x 3" inlets + outlets, and re-try.

What hardware DO you have???

HPIM7784.JPG

IMG_6542.JPG

Wrap is only to the X-Pipe ATM...

IMG_6544.JPG

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom