Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Vette.

Paul Higg

Corvette
2007 Monterey Red
Hi fellas!

Today I bought a C5. It’s a 2004, Spiral Gray like Junk’s!

I paid only $20,000 for it from a dealer, 40,000 miles. Auto, LS1, this thing is really nice. It‘s loaded too. 12 CD changer, HUD!! It is in excellent condition. I had them put it on a lift and I inspected it thoroughly.

They put a code reader on it, no present or history codes. I had them put a battery tester on it and it had only 209 CCA’s! So they replaced it with an OEM. I did a lot of searching but I found it. It was babied. The previous owner had ALL the maintenance done only at dealers, including oil changes!

Non smoker too. The interior is tan and black and immaculate.

I have been blessed!!

It feels GREAT to be in another Vette. Will replace sig photo as soon as I can take one.
:)

Well done!! Enjoy!! :beer

Fess Up

Paul
Come on now and tell us how many times you went out to the garage last night to look at , touch, set in it. :chuckle

Be caraeful that the grin from ear to ear does not get stuck on your face;LOL

Congrads on your new Vette!!! My vert is MSG too... Looks absolutely spectacular when it's waxed up and in the sun!!!

:thumb:thumb:thumb

Thanks Jim.

When Jesse visited I knew that was the color I wanted. First I had never seen that color in a Vette. Second, gray is my all-time favorite color. I wear gray clothes, my office is gray, I dunno know why but I just like gray.

Too bad it’s raining like crazy now and it will be for the next four or five days here in ATL. I wanna get it waxed and take some pix and post one as a new avatar.

This thing is loaded with every imaginable factory option from GM. It rides smooth and is sweet.

The only thing that is different is the handling over a C4. My C4 seemed tighter and I read about that in one of my Corvette books. I also like the way C4’s sit lower but I’d rather have this one. GM did an outstanding job on the C5.

I could have gotten a C6 but I deliberately chose an 04 as the last model year of the C5. The C6’s are nice and all but I hate those exposed headlights. I have always loved the 77 anniversary edition as my favorite and the C5 is a dead-on tie.

I couldn’t run it out yesterday, there was a cop every mile. I have never seen so many on Atlanta’s roads in my 23 years here.

Oh well.

Congrats on the C5, enjoy...

Congrats!

Although I suppose congratulations is in order, I'm a little confused.

Last month, you sold your C4 in order to get your kids back and make up for lost time.

And now you just bought a C5??

Help me out here...

Hi Rob,

Yes, what you say is true. Now, it involves God. If I told you, you just would not believe me. I do not think anyone would. I won’t go into the details unless asked.

It could be possible God was testing me to see if I would get rid of something I treasured dearly to get my son back in my life. Believe me, I was very down for a while after it was gone.

My wife Robin promised she would do whatever she could to ensure I got another Vette. I never thought I’d get one so fast. We had the good fortune to pay off all our bills which enabled us to buy this one.

Plus, it really is a Vette buyer’s market here.

So on her insistence we both looked all around the area and the country. I got such a good deal there was no way I could resist.

I have discovered a C5 coupe top is not perfect in much the same way a C4 top was not.

It rained like crazy today and I have a small drip coming in right above my left elbow, actually hitting my elbow.

So I brought it back to them and they adjusted the bracket down as the handle which is tapered was hardly making contact. It is now tight but the leak is still there albeit smaller.

I also learned how to use the DIC buttons to pull codes and I printed out the codes list from the forum. And even though it is for a Z06 I had 13 codes.

One active and the rest history.

They all reset.

I attribute a lot of these to the fact that they had to put in a new battery.

I do not have an FSM—still trying to sell my 94 FSM—so I will have to wait to see what they all mean.

I am still fighting but the wheels of justice grind every so slowly. She was served with the summons on Monday and has 30 days to respond and will drag it out to the last minute just to spite me. It is all about control really. I feel sorry for her. However, my lawyer is one of the very best and she says she would not have taken my case if I could not win.

Now, if could just pick up my son in my C5 it’ll blow his mind.

He realizes what I did with my C4. For his Dad to sell it to fight for him speaks volumes.

So now I wait, and learn my C5 in the meantime.

Nice looking 04 you have there Paul.

Congrats Paul. I had a 96 LT4 Convertible when I sold it and bought a C5. The C4 cabin was tighter around you and not as roomy as the C5. I found that my C5 handled as well and actually stopped better. However, I think the LT4 with the performance Axle would have taken the C5 in a 1/4 mile and my C5 also has the performance axle.

I really like the heads-up-display on the C5 and it has a better ride without hindering the handling.

Thanks fellas.

I agree.

I have noticed some differences. In normal drive mode it doesn’t seem to have the “push you back in your seat feel” as the C4. So I drive in 3 around town, back to normal! Owner’s manual says it is ok to do this but it’ll just burn a little more gas.

The handling around curves seems a little different too. I think my C4 was a little tighter, not sure, so I tried some hairpin turns, the C5 handless slightly different and that was mentioned in one of my Vette books. They even said a lot of customers didn’t like it. I can feel that it is wider in turns. But in 3—because it’s an auto—it handles great in tight turns.

Overall I thin GM did an outstanding job. Plus, this thing is loaded to the gills, it has every single option GM offered. I LOVE the HUD!

I am a happy camper.

:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom