Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New wheels are on!

ButchN

Corvette
2013 Black Coupe
Put the new Cragars on along with Fuzion ZRI 255/50/17's.
The Cragars are 17'x8', 4.5" backspace, a perfect fit.

As you see, the Fuzions have a pretty good tread pattern:
wheels7.jpg

And they are the same size as the stock 255/60/15 (looks shorter due to bald old tire!)
wheels8.jpg

And of course, the stock 15" wheel vs. the 17" Cragar:
wheels9.jpg

And here's the car with original & after shots:
wheels1.jpg

wheels2.jpg

wheels3.jpg

wheels4.jpg

wheels5.jpg

wheels6.jpg

Lastly, the person who bought my GTII's & my old rims once they were off the car put them on his 79, so I parked behind him to take this shot:
wheels10.jpg

Thoughts?

I've loved Cragers since.......................a long time ago. They look great.

Looks good man. :beer

Looking Good. One thing comes to mind when changing wheel/tire size, Did you correct for speedometer error? Going to a taller tire like that will cause the speedo to display low. :beer

Nice, I like the new wheels.

Outstanding:)

Looking Good. One thing comes to mind when changing wheel/tire size, Did you correct for speedometer error? Going to a taller tire like that will cause the speedo to display low. :beer
They are the correct height & width.
I used this calculator to determine what size tire I needed to keep the width & height when I went from 15" to 17".

How do the kids say it "My bad". I missed your comment about size in your first post. The pictures are deceiving. They make the new wheel/tire combination much taller. :)

They are taller because the old tires were bald.
The new tires have 11/32" tread (almost 3/8") so in essense, they are just under 3/4" taller, but only because new.
The I put them next to the GTII's I had, they would have been the same height, give or take an 1/8".
And as you kow, all tire mfr's. differ slightly anyway, just like size 9 in a New Balance sneaker is a bit different than a 9 in a Nike, Converse, etc.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom